Dutch/Belgian November 2012 meet
Nov 9, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #481 of 618
Quote:
Btw... What tips are you using on the b2? Foamies? If so, give silicones a go, see (hear) if it changes anything...

The plastic/rubber/sillicone ones, I hear the foamies muffle the high's a bit. I somehow need the large ones as the smaller ones fall out ;o. Read that the Etymotic Triflanges are perfect on the B2's, but no idea where to get those :). But eh, just tried the fomies, but they don't even close the ear canal with me. Hey, I'm really not such a big guy, is it normal for me to require the biggest sillocones delivered with the B2?

Edit: Oooh, wait a second. With the biggest, furthest I could get them in, i had a really good seal. The middle-size just fell out. Started looking on the webz for images of people with them in, and wow.. mine were sticking out a _lot_ more then everyone else. I mean, it was nothing like http://bilder.hifi-forum.de/medium/465746/untitled-3_22143.jpg but more like http://caffeineconsumer.webs.com/images1/zooB2.jpeg ..or more seriously, like http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy162/ethan961/DSCF4840.jpg but the case not inside the ear but sticking straight out full length. So I tried the smallest, pressing them even deeper, bits of pain, but hey.. the left ear kinda worked, the right one was more work.. it's now inside like http://cdn.head-fi.org/9/9a/9a6162c4_IMG_5218.jpeg, I'd say it's even more.

In terms of high's it didn't change too much, if anything, it did add a bit of clarity and pain, yet lessened the bass but that was OK as I have the idea the bass is now even more tight and exact, but the pain is something I'll cope with having this increase in clarity, and more exact deep. I'll make some pictures tomorrow.

Update: After having a good sleep, my ears are still hurting.. but all for the good: I'm guessing my ear canal was so tiny, doing the deep insertion they opened up, and let me hear stuff again I was missing out on generally. I can hear my floor-standing speakers hiss while the stereo is idle, server generate high-pitched noises, and the media center fan running. Neat. Brb, shutting things off lol.

Nov 10, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #482 of 618
Quote:
rrow.

Update: After having a good sleep, my ears are still hurting.. but all for the good: I'm guessing my ear canal was so tiny, doing the deep insertion they opened up, and let me hear stuff again I was missing out on generally. I can hear my floor-standing speakers hiss while the stereo is idle, server generate high-pitched noises, and the media center fan running. Neat. Brb, shutting things off lol.

Sounds like you need to get your ears cleaned. 

Nov 10, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #483 of 618
Give your ears a good cleaning with saline solution (9 grams of salt in a liter of warm(-ish) water).

Drip some in your ear. Massage well. Clean with cottonball. Repeat a couple of times for each ear. Last but not least, rinse out ears a few times with clean water.

Nov 10, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #484 of 618
Quote:
Give your ears a good cleaning with saline solution (9 grams of salt in a liter of warm(-ish) water).
Drip some in your ear. Massage well. Clean with cottonball. Repeat a couple of times for each ear. Last but not least, rinse out ears a few times with clean water.

No no, that's not the case. My ears are very clean, and I barely have earwax at all. I'm just one of the unlucky ones it seems, as described in other threads here on the forums, with very small ear canals.

God this is awkward. I have never had to clear my ears with those "wattenstaafjes"/earcleaners/cottonball (and if I did, nothing showed up.. really nothing), and have always been cleaning my ears well in the shower. It's just.. small canals, and opened them up wider ;o

The fit has settled more today, pain is already going away. So I guess I went from the usual shallow fit to an Etymotic ER-4P deep style fit.

Nov 11, 2012 at 5:51 AM Post #485 of 618
Do the b2 have the thin nozzles like Shure and Westone or the wider nozzles like your old Sennheisers? If its the wider nozzles, I have some *tiny* silicone tips for you that came with my Vsonics.

Nov 11, 2012 at 6:38 AM Post #487 of 618
Quote:
Do the b2 have the thin nozzles like Shure and Westone or the wider nozzles like your old Sennheisers? If its the wider nozzles, I have some *tiny* silicone tips for you that came with my Vsonics.

The thinner ones, thanks though :). The small tips that came with the B2's slide in (at least in the left ear, right ear is a bit more work positioning it correctly) like it belongs there now, perfect fit. Just curious about the Etymotic gray and transparant triflanges; if anyone knows where to get them in the Netherlands or Germany I'm definitly interested!

Nov 11, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #489 of 618
Hey, I see Viktor Art moved.. last time I've seen it, it was just a couple of meters away from where Regenboog Computers and Audio was. Does this location have parking spaces or should I find a Q-Park near?

Nov 11, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #491 of 618
Hey i've got a nice listen for you guys! It's Mark Lanegan. :wink:

Nov 11, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #492 of 618
In the end I still had to order some parts for my B22, so chances have increased significantly that I won't be able to bring it to the meet.
If the parts arrive on Thursday or earlier, there's still a chance.
Usually it's delivered in 3 business days for deliveries from Conrad, but you never know. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Nov 12, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #493 of 618
I hope my newly ordered RE-ZERO arive this week. Then I can compare it with Negakinu's RE-0 if he wants to bring it :wink:

For people that don't know, these are on sale at head-direct.com. Great value!

Nov 12, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #494 of 618
Quote:
I hope my newly ordered RE-ZERO arive this week. Then I can compare it with Negakinu's RE-0 if he wants to bring it :wink:

For people that don't know, these are on sale at head-direct.com. Great value!

What he said. $49 for a RE0... Blows my mind really. And yes, I'm bringing it so comparing it to your RE-ZERO will be a lot of fun!

Nov 13, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #495 of 618
Listening again!

I did, as Coop and Nega suggested, clean my ears with a saline solution and it didn't help much (as there was barely anything I could get out, no strange earwax). Gave my ears some rest after this, and started listening again. The left side of the IEM goes into the ear as if it belongs there.. the right side however is still problematic, I'm considering going to a hearing-aid shop to ask if there's a visible difference in the ear canals.

Still haven't compared the B2's back against the CX-300 :wink: ..been busy as hell!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back