Dutch/Belgian November 2012 meet
Nov 8, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #466 of 618
Quote:

Umm.. nope. Can't hear it. So maybe I did damage them 
frown.gif
(they even sounds warm to me now, which is not something people say about the B2's). Can you tell me how far in the song it is?

Although you can blow an IEM's driver by feeding it a loud input signal, I don't think you destroyed it. A blown driver sounds like a blown driver. Distorted, empty, sound cutting in and out.

Nov 8, 2012 at 9:16 AM Post #467 of 618
Come to Nega and my booth at the meet, we'll be more then happy to show you how to blow it on the V200. Nega's O2 probably can't even get that done
rolleyes.gif

I'm evil ain't I :p

Nov 8, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #470 of 618
Quote:
Although you can blow an IEM's driver by feeding it a loud input signal, I don't think you destroyed it. A blown driver sounds like a blown driver. Distorted, empty, sound cutting in and out.

Thanks mate :). Maybe the burn-in (jlabaudio.com's burn-in page) _did_ change the sound to being warmer then straight out of the package. Or it's because I'm tired as hell, or they've been made for my ears :wink:. I'd love to let you guys listen to them and give your opinion!

No, no lets not blow them up, because headsound.de is out of stock lol.

Nov 8, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #471 of 618
Quote:

Umm.. nope. Can't hear it. So maybe I did damage them 
frown.gif
(they even sounds warm to me now, which is not something people say about the B2's). Can you tell me how far in the song it is?

If it still sounds like music, your armatures are probably ok. What setting do you have the E6 on? My rig sounded different to me a while ago,checked the EQ on my player a million times, later to find out that the E6 had accidentally been set to another EQ mode (the way it was strapped to my player blocked the indicator LED).

I'll look up the timestamp, but now I'm starting to doubt myself, maybe it was on 'The Fear'... Heck, I'll look it up for you :)

Nov 8, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #472 of 618
Quote:
If it still sounds like music, your armatures are probably ok. What setting do you have the E6 on? My rig sounded different to me a while ago,checked the EQ on my player a million times, later to find out that the E6 had accidentally been set to another EQ mode (the way it was strapped to my player blocked the indicator LED).

Default/Flat/No-light. I don't want any EQ on an AMP heh. My coworkers are calling me a show-off, I guess they like it.

Nov 8, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #473 of 618
Just checked, only have my GR04 with me at the moment, which is not the best for resolving little details, but I found it just after the 5:00 mark (and it was indeed on 'the Drug'...). Used my Clip+ as source and E6 with EQ off.

Nov 8, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #474 of 618
Quote:
Just checked, only have my GR04 with me at the moment, which is not the best for resolving little details, but I found it just after the 5:00 mark (and it was indeed on 'the Drug'...). Used my Clip+ as source and E6 with EQ off.

Ooooh, but that's been audible with my super old CX-300 as well, it's not a dentist thing btw :wink:.

Nov 8, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #475 of 618
Quote:

Ooooh, but that's been audible with my super old CX-300 as well, it's not a dentist thing btw :wink:.

I know, but everyone who hears it knows exactly what you mean when you call it that 
biggrin.gif

Nov 9, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #476 of 618
Night 2 of burn-in finished. Even less high's 'n sparkle compared to yesterday. Sound muddier as well, now. The bass is deep and thick/phat, less tight. Strange stuff
blink.gif

Nov 9, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #480 of 618
Flac is a lossless format, so is wav. Shouldn't make a difference which you use. You save some space using flac, you save some time using wav, just take your pick... Also, you might want to take the device you tend to use the files on into account. 

Thanks coop..i just found out that my hm602 only does 16bits files 24bit is downgraded to 16 bit..so i use 1400kps wav files..and that sounds best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back