DUST!!!! BAAAH!
Mar 2, 2004 at 3:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

sleepkyng

Headphoneus Supremus
I live in this really old house and there is frikin dust everywhere! no matter what i do...DUST DUST DUST!
so i try to keep my amps, tt, and cdp dust free... is there any special way i should go about doing this?

and what about my headphones? I fear for my ms1's and 580's.

plus, my 580's were sitting in a guys closet for 4 years, should i do anything to clean them? how?

thanks in advanced!

Mar 2, 2004 at 4:18 PM Post #3 of 22
Hm, my house is fairly dust free. Does this mean I've stopped shedding?

Mar 2, 2004 at 4:32 PM Post #4 of 22
i do know this, and i live in a 100 year old house...that's alotta dead skin!!!

but uh, anyways, any suggestions?
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2004 at 4:42 PM Post #5 of 22
Quote:

Hm, my house is fairly dust free. Does this mean I've stopped shedding?

no , it means you never open your doors or windows
very_evil_smiley.gif

most dust is from traffic , cars and trucks using the street you live on , so there is no getting around it unless you live in a home that is of recent build :

Air Tight (or as close to and still be able to breath ) with processed air (heating/cooling)

Older homes are draft factories and no amount of upgrading at a sane price will change that

Ever do a heating effiiciency test on an older house ?

Everyplace you see heat escaping is also a path for dust etc to get in

so do what i do

bite the bullet and get yourself a good feather duster , put your little apron on and start cleaning !

evil_smiley.gif

Mar 2, 2004 at 4:52 PM Post #6 of 22
Hmmm, how about a couple of dust covers
confused.gif

I always put a dust cover over my headphones when I'm not using them, but my house isn't dusty anyway so I don't have much of a problem.

Just an idea
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 2, 2004 at 5:24 PM Post #7 of 22
Do air filters work for this?

Dust is dead skin? I recommend some Head & Shoulders then
tongue.gif
j/k

Mar 2, 2004 at 6:14 PM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by Born2bwire
Cover every surface in your home with industrial strength fly paper. This way any amount of dust that is in the air will be collected. You may have to keep an eye on the family pet though.

I love it. Between the comments and your avatar this is hilarious! You're a twisted man.

I like that
biggrin.gif

Looks like you're going to have to get yourself an air purifier to filter out the particulates. Also try the anti-static preperations; on many items (especially electronics) dust is more attracted to them than other locations because of their electrostatic charge, acquired from the fact that they deal with and are connected to electrical signals. Most systems use chassis as "ground", that is, the negative signal potential. Grounding some chassis might help, but that presents its own problems.

Mar 3, 2004 at 2:25 AM Post #10 of 22
A problem I have is the fact that I keep my tissues right on my desk with my computer lies underneath, whenever I pull one the PC sucks the dust and blows it throughout the room. If you have something like this, move the tissues, it's really annoying and I have to dust my desk everyday.

Mar 3, 2004 at 2:48 AM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by sleepkyng
say, about your a500s, have you compared them to a700s or a900's?

thinking of upgrading?

I might upgrade sometime, and I have not heard either of the upper models. I was thinking about getting either some AIRs or grados, I don't know...or something else, I have 120 bucks to burn...still saving...HiMD...
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2004 at 2:59 AM Post #15 of 22
get your ducts cleaned professionally, and have your furnace filters changed, and then keep them clean.

that should get rid of most of the problem right there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back