Durable headphones
May 6, 2012 at 3:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Moonkay

New Head-Fier
Hello forum, I was hoping on buying headphones for everyday use. I last had a pair of sennheiser hd 202 but they broke after a cable snapped inside. Im looking for headphones which are durable for everything. I know dj headphones are considered more durable than normal headphones  and i have a pair of sennheiser 380 pro but they make me look like an idiot wearing them around the town. My price range is somewhere between 10 and 50 euro and no im not one of those idiots who only wants nothing but bass. Thanks

May 6, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #2 of 12
I'm guessing that you want something low profile for out and about and for your budget I can recommend the PX200 II.  They sound a lot better than the 202  (I have both) and are more discrete.  the AKG K518 is another to consider though I found them to have too much bass.  They were fairly detailed though ans can be had quite cheap.  If you consider open headphones the iGrado is a great headphone and would say another step up in sound quality.  Cord is thin but I've had a pair for 5 years and still going strong.  Also the clip on Koss KSC75 is very cheap and sounds really great for the price.

May 7, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #3 of 12
thanks man, thats really helpful. i'l most likely get the akg but im still debating it a lot. i tried them out a while back and while the bass is quite overpowering they did seem to have a very sturdy build. thanks a lot for the help.

May 7, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #5 of 12
i've seen those in the store and they look beutiful, but sadly they're a bit out of my price range. do u know if the Sony MDR-ZX500 are just as good as the zx700 in durability because if they are they'd probably be the way to go for me

May 7, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #6 of 12
Haven't heard those ZX500s but they will be harder to drive than the ZX700 meaning you might need an amp to drive them correct..I know the ZX700 cost a bit more but the quality is out standing. Just to let you know I accidently stepped on my headphone cord 4 times around my desktop and yanked the cord out tripping on them several times and each time no breakage or issues. I am using them now actually. I can see my ZX700 out lasting many of my other cans.

Worth the price upgrade imo. You might be able to find one used on the sale forums here.

May 7, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #7 of 12
also does anyone know about the denon ah-d510. i've looked at budget denons before but i've never seen that great reviews of them. apparently they're products only start to sound good once you go past the $100 mark

May 7, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:
i've seen those in the store and they look beutiful, but sadly they're a bit out of my price range. do u know if the Sony MDR-ZX500 are just as good as the zx700 in durability because if they are they'd probably be the way to go for me

The 500's are solid but the comfort is not good enough. 

Take a look here

May 7, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #10 of 12
My Sony V6 is 24 years old and still works fine. I did need to replace the earpads once though.

May 7, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #11 of 12
Too bad you can't afford the HD-25's. They are the most solid headphones out there. 

May 8, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #12 of 12
If you want something compact and cheap that has great sound for the price, then get the JVC HA-S160 Flats. In the US it is around $13.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back