Durable clear IEM's at a 100$ budget.
Sep 20, 2010 at 3:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jaykarnik

New Head-Fier
I am a basic user looking for a good IEM. Portability is an issue and hence I need ones which works without an amp. Also I aint too loaded and I am very careless user so durability is an issue. With most IEM's the wire gets broken, so that should be easily replaceable(Like Shure, where you can keep the bud and use your own wire if it gets broken.)

Also sound should be crystal clear and vocals should be lively. Bass shouldn't shadow those qualities although a deep bass would be preferred.

Know any which live up to these standards on a US $100 budget?

Sep 22, 2010 at 9:01 AM Post #6 of 6
I'd say forget detachable cables at 100 bucks. If you're like the rest of us, what you really want is something durable but with SQ on top of your list. And if you're anything like the rest of us, you probably wouldn't want to keep your investment much longer than a year or so before moving on to better things. 

But since you asked for recommendation, I think Sennheiser CX series at below 100 bucks is your best bet. I trust Senn quality. Own a IE8 and CX500. The CX500 is pretty old, but physically they're still like new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back