Durabiltiy of Comply Foams (t-500)
Jun 27, 2011 at 3:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

blikkem

New Head-Fier
So, I bought a set of the TF10's about 3 months ago. Testing out the tips supplied, I liked the Comply foams the best. So I've been using them since day 2. I mainly use these at work and at the end of the day I put the IEM in their metal case and they go in my bag til the next day. Yesterday i notice a rip in the foam from the tip to the top of the inner tube :frowning2:  I'm pretty sure it wasn't from any abuse I may have put on them using them exclusively at my desk. So I'll see needing to replace them soon. I'm wondering what life span people are getting out of their Comply tips. I think they are pretty comfortable and seals well, that's important because I don't find many silicon tips that fit well. I hate to have to keep replacing these every three months. I've read Sony Hybrids also work well because they are very soft with the durability of a silicon vs foam. Any experiences on durability of Comply as well as Hybrids on TF10's?

Thanks.

Jun 27, 2011 at 3:48 PM Post #2 of 4
To be honest with you, i'm incredibly surprised that you've made it past 2 weeks, that's all the lifespan i get.  Congrats on going that long, but i would argue that a month tops is about all you pull out of them with the same kind of expansion you get from a brand new set.  After that, they don't really expand to their full force and size, thus creating inferior sound concerns.  Plus, if you're a musician, you'll really notice the lack of perfect seal.  I'm being generous based on my own findings for my ears. 

Jun 27, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #3 of 4
It depends on a lot of things. But for my own experience, I usually get 1 or 2 months worth before it degraded too much to be used.

Oct 5, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #4 of 4
That's not good. I got the hybrids and they are better then the stock buds. The foam fit better. So it's comfort without durability or durability with less comfort.

Suck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back