Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Oct 17, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #2,341 of 3,012
1TrickPony: Yeah, no reason to push new products unless they're differentiated.

Packed up the EX1 and shipped to Podster today. Bye EX1. I think I'll nab a pair soon. Quite enjoyed them!

Spent the rest of the day listening to T5 except for an outing to watch Ant Man. T5 come on strong at first, but after you acclimate they're quite nice. Still think I'd go for T3, but I can see the T5 being a good seller.

Oct 17, 2015 at 5:41 AM Post #2,342 of 3,012
  I've been listening to my Titans for a month and recently I've noticed a very strange noise at certain frequencies or when certain instruments are playing. It sounds like static or crackling; it's a scratchy sound and it only comes out of the left earphone. I listen mostly to classical music, flac files, via Neutron Media Player on an LG G3, although it also happens when using Google Play, or foobar on my PC. At first, I thought it was part of the music but I think it's gotten worse, more prominent, and honestly it's a little obnoxious. Do you think they are defective? Should I send them back?

Is it permanent or is it only sometimes the instruments sounds like this?

Oct 17, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #2,345 of 3,012
  I think it happens always although I can't be sure about that. Sometimes it's louder, sometimes it's barely noticeable on the same spots/passages.

Ok - Sometimes I get a static sound, but that's froms static build-up from the cable. One time I even got a mild electric shock from the static build-up! But it seems your headphones might have a different problem. If your warranty is still valid, I think you should try and get a replacement that way. 

Oct 18, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #2,346 of 3,012
Let my 20yo daughter listen to T3 & T5 tonight. She went back and forth with several songs and preferred T5 by a large margin. I think Dunu has a winner with the younger crowd in T5. I tried it for the evening and found the bass a bit distracting, although for those looking for bass emphasis without going overboard - T5 is a good option.

Oct 18, 2015 at 6:05 AM Post #2,347 of 3,012
  Let my 20yo daughter listen to T3 & T5 tonight. She went back and forth with several songs and preferred T5 by a large margin. I think Dunu has a winner with the younger crowd in T5. I tried it for the evening and found the bass a bit distracting, although for those looking for bass emphasis without going overboard - T5 is a good option.

Have her compare the T5 and T1.

Oct 18, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #2,348 of 3,012
+1 ^
Please? The fate of some wallets depends on her impressions.

No, not mine. (Just snagged an Alo Rx amp :) )

Oct 18, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #2,349 of 3,012
[
Have her compare the T5 and T1.

Unfortunately, I had to mail the tour EX1 on to the next person before she came over for a visit. I'm betting that she'd go for the T5 over EX1 based on other IEM I've let her listen to. I think she'd wave her hands around her head and say something about the music being all over, take them out, pop T5 back in, and smile :wink:

Oct 20, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #2,351 of 3,012
Hello everyone I'll try to be as brief as possible and to the point. I currently own a pair of Zero Audio Tenore for portable use. I like their signature and I'm looking for something along the same lines but better. I started having some imbalance issues recently and I've read that this is something quite common with Zero Audio products, which is why I will stay away from the Duoza. After reading many reviews about the Titan 1 and browsing through this thread, they seem like a good fit. These will be used with an iPod and isolation is not a big issue. Has anyone had the experience of upgrading from the Tenore? If this has already been discussed, my apologies. I couldn't find anything in the thread.

Oct 20, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #2,352 of 3,012
Hello everyone I'll try to be as brief as possible and to the point. I currently own a pair of Zero Audio Tenore for portable use. I like their signature and I'm looking for something along the same lines but better. I started having some imbalance issues recently and I've read that this is something quite common with Zero Audio products, which is why I will stay away from the Duoza. After reading many reviews about the Titan 1 and browsing through this thread, they seem like a good fit. These will be used with an iPod and isolation is not a big issue. Has anyone had the experience of upgrading from the Tenore? If this has already been discussed, my apologies. I couldn't find anything in the thread.

The tenores are nice (when they work properly), but I find the Titan1's to provide a much more engaging sound. Fuller bass, much more air and bigger soundstage.. really nice. I'd go for it.

Oct 20, 2015 at 2:31 AM Post #2,353 of 3,012
Since this isn't the Tenore thread, I'll go ahead and just say it. I thought Tenore were meh...

I'll agree with waynes world that EX1/T1 is going to level-up your listening experience. If it doesn't, as long as you're in the US, I'll send you my unused Tenore. But you've got to give the EX1/T1 a try first.

My bet is you won't want the Tenore :wink_face:

Oct 20, 2015 at 2:47 AM Post #2,354 of 3,012
Since this isn't the Tenore thread, I'll go ahead and just say it. I thought Tenore were meh...

I'll agree with @waynes world that EX1/T1 is going to level-up your listening experience. If it doesn't, as long as you're in the US, I'll send you my unused Tenore. But you've got to give the EX1/T1 a try first.

My bet is you won't want the Tenore
wink_face.gif

Definitely. And... I have to add this: let alone DN-1000 at $177 ; )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back