Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Aug 3, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #2,041 of 3,012
  That's a bit of an exaggeration, but compared to the Titan the 750 doesn't have that clear, crisp separation of the TItans. Or the soundstage. It's thicker, more meaty sounding. 

Yeah.
tongue.gif
, but i really didnt liked the 750, it lacks much needed top end energy, leave alone the spark we get with Titan-1, went for R3 over 750.

Aug 5, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #2,044 of 3,012
My New Titan 1's Though they sound pretty great, they don't make a seal with any of the tips that came with the package or my collection of Sony Hybrids and others.

BTW- They sound like there is a lot of leakage perhaps due to the vents. With that and lack of seal, there is substandard noise isolation but the sound is still brilliant. I just want to get it better if possible.

Suggestions?

Thanks
Flip

Aug 5, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #2,045 of 3,012
My New Titan 1's Though they sound pretty great, they don't make a seal with any of the tips that came with the package or my collection of Sony Hybrids and others.

BTW- They sound like there is a lot of leakage perhaps due to the vents. With that and lack of seal, there is substandard noise isolation but the sound is still brilliant. I just want to get it better if possible.

Suggestions?

Thanks
Flip

Are you sure it's just that you're not getting the sensation of a seal? And yeah, they leak a lot of sound, which we've talked about a lot in here. That's their only real flaw IMO.

Aug 5, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #2,046 of 3,012

Suggestions?

Thanks
Flip

I've had this issue till I tried the lite blue bore tips, but using the IEM over the ear (swapping channels). Only way I was able to get a seal and its still not perfect, but very close.

Anyways theres maybe a better solution for both of us. These tips from lunashops recommended by H20Fidelity (should be here in a week or so)

http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=2332

These should give us the definitive seal, but in the meantime you can put some couton inside the lite blue bore tips just to see how the IEM sounds like with a tight seal.

Aug 5, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #2,047 of 3,012
Thanks for that info on the upcoming tips. The light blue bore tips are either Sony hybrids or copies. I bought a package of Sony Hybrids and the light blue bore was the largest size. I'll  wait for the Luna shop tips. The sound is terrific even without a perfect seal. The isolation is just very poor and I have read on these pages that the isolation is not one the this IEM's best qualities.

I thought the Titans were lost in transit  were lost in transit and I ordered the DN-1000 while waiting.

Now I need to return one of them and it is not an easy choice. The sound is teriffic in both but they each have their issues. The DN-1000 are very heavy and not as comfortable as the Titan, but they have a deep sound signature but less airy,

I love having these luxury problems.

Thanks for your reply-Its is appreciated. I will order from Luna if I keep the Titan.

Flip

Aug 5, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #2,048 of 3,012
I'm positive about the lack of a seal. I have no complaint with the sound quality even without the seal. These are really quite amazing. As far as the seal, I've battled with tips only on 1 other IEM, the Fidue 83. I managed to get a seal when I used the large size Sony hybrid on Fidue. Not a deep "suction" type seal which may increase the bass but is uncomfortable to wear but a slit seal. So haviung almosta dozen IEMS.s, I thought my ear shape was large but rather common. Guess not.

What is odd is that the Titans don't move about and won't fall out but I can't manage to manipulate them to get a seal in any manner. Not even close. They are in the front of the canals but the seal is just not their.

I appreciate their sound quality and I know there must be a solution which I will find as I keep trying. I can always fill the canal with a large size comply tip but I am  not always sure I am getting the truest sound rendition with all foam tips.

Now the fit is probably good enough for most but I am obsessive about this as many on this forum. Knowing I have one of the best IEM's manufactured for the money and more - I just want to get them to work as well as they possibly can and that usually has meant a seal for me.

In any case now I am battling with my wife over keeping my Titans. They were lost in transit and I ordered a pair of DN-1000's. They both came in within a day of each other. I did find a couple of stock tops that fit the straight in canal orientation of the DN1k's but I have that luxury problem of which to send back to the shop or dare I keep both and sleep on the couch for the night.

Thanks for your input and reply to my post. I appreciate your thoughts!

Flip

Aug 5, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #2,049 of 3,012
No problem Flip. JVC Spiral Dots could be a solution too, but seems that those Luna tips works best. I'm expecting a real tight seal once and for all. DN-1000 bass doesn't seem to be as good quality as Titans (just give them 200hrs burn-in as per Dunu recommendation) and treble is not as airy. But they are very good too.

If you like more body and a bit more forward mids, try my mod and cover just 2 of the 12 venting holes (ports) with adhesive tape. I found 2 holes the sweet spot for a balanced sound, as mids can be a bit recessed sometimes.

Aug 5, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #2,050 of 3,012
Thanks very much-what do you use to cover the holes?
Some type of tape I assume?

Flip

Aug 7, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #2,055 of 3,012
  Thanks, so here's another recommendation, the JVC Wooden IEMs:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/708427/the-new-jvc-fx850-woodie-perfection-a-review/3240#post_11817232

But sorry I haven't gotten to try the Titan 1's

Fx850 is good but has problems of its own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back