Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
May 5, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #1,141 of 3,012
None of the provided tips give me a good seal and treble sounds unnnatural. With the right tips (no burn-in yet) treble is almost as good, as detailed as W40's. And more sparkly. Overall they're at least on par with W40. Same quantity of bass with my tips, better quality and more sub-bass. Separation and micro-detail is on par, but they win in clarity, treble sparkle, bass definition and sub-bass. Soundstage is a bit wider on the Titans (W40's is huge) and they're airier. Sometimes W40 sounds muddy in comparison after A/B. And all of this before burn-in.

P.S. I had to put 2 tips, one over the other (one of them upside down) for 100% seal, isolation and powerful bass (same or more quantity as W40. Need to A/B again)

One of the best sub-500€ IEMs I've heard so far. lol.

May 5, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #1,142 of 3,012
Got them! They outperform the Westone W40 in clarity and have the same separation and detail :O

And with the right seal, which is VERY hard to achieve, the bass seems sufficient for me. Still have to check this better. Think I got THE tips.

More impressions later.

Glad you like it!

If you're having difficulty with seal, try the Sony mh1 tips. They go deeper plus you get more focused bass!

May 5, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #1,148 of 3,012
smily_headphones1.gif
"Best sub-500€ IEM I've heard so far. lol."

Paulus, I'm not even going to say I told you so. I'll just bask in the Sunshine...

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Glad You like them. I have the best fit/ voicing with the Wide bore Blacks that come with it (Mediums) or the Medium Sony's.
I'm wondering where you can find more of the Black tips,( they have a Narrow bore to fit on the Barrel Dia. but go wide bore on the front),  provided by Dunu with the Titans.

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

May 5, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #1,149 of 3,012

Just got mine yesterday and i couldn't be happier. Its worth every penny i paid. Should have got this earlier but i put it off due the unconventional design and sound leakage. Afraid that it might not fit me well due to shallow insertion. To my suprise the nozzle is long enough to fit perfectly in ear even when using the supplied ear tips and the sound leakage is minimal even in a quiet room. The soundstage is huge with distinct 3D effect similar to dn2k. The characteristic of the sound sig is excellent, its very open and airy, like listening music from out of the head. At this price point,its definitely a no brainer.

May 5, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #1,150 of 3,012
I had to edit my previous post after more critical listening and A/B with the W40's. Time for burn-in.

EDIT: after 8 hours of burn-in with Pink Noise, since the morning when they came, just a few interruptions, treble is as refined as W40's. This is a totally WOW! How delicate these IEMS sound with jazz. Its amazing...

And what a bass with the 2 tips one over the other!! Perfect seal now finally, let's burn-in these guys a hundred more hours just to see what happens. They don't need any change at this point but who knows...

May 5, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #1,151 of 3,012

smily_headphones1.gif
"Best sub-500€ IEM I've heard so far. lol."

Paulus, I'm not even going to say I told you so. I'll just bask in the Sunshine...

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Glad You like them. I have the best fit/ voicing with the Wide bore Blacks that come with it (Mediums) or the Medium Sony's.
I'm wondering where you can find more of the Black tips,( they have a Narrow bore to fit on the Barrel Dia. but go wide bore on the front),  provided by Dunu with the Titans.

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

True
wink.gif

But I confess I was not expecting a "W40" for 120€. lol.

May 5, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #1,153 of 3,012
None of the provided tips give me a good seal and treble sounds unnnatural. With the right tips (no burn-in yet) treble is almost as good, as detailed as W40's. And more sparkly. Overall they're at least on par with W40. Same quantity of bass with my tips, better quality and more sub-bass. Separation and micro-detail is on par, but they win in clarity, treble sparkle, bass definition and sub-bass. Soundstage is a bit wider on the Titans (W40's is huge) and they're airier. Sometimes W40 sounds muddy in comparison after A/B. And all of this before burn-in.

P.S. I had to put 2 tips, one over the other (one of them upside down) for 100% seal, isolation and powerful bass (same or more quantity as W40. Need to A/B again)

One of the best sub-500€ IEMs I've heard so far. lol.

Comply TX200 Foams did the trick for me, tamed the highs and sealed well, making the bass rock even more!

May 6, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #1,155 of 3,012
Ok, just got these in the mail and have had a quick listen.  Comfort is great but I feel that they do not seal well enough in the ears.  I have not tried the red and black tips yet or the black ones, just the ones with the multiple coloured innards. I thought these were the ones that people generally felt worked the best.   At the moment the highs are a little bit much and I am not sure about the seal.  I am running them off an ibasso dx50.  Anyone else running them off this dap and having luck?  They are very clear with good bass (when called on).  Just not blowing my skirt up at the moment :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back