DUNU new product Year plan 2011-12 updated 12/18
May 17, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #35 of 43
Quote:
i would love to see the dn-21, but how about a hybrid iem? like 2dynamic 2ba drivers? thats new and sounds cool.

DN-21, We change to develop Custom DC4 so After DC4 is ok . We will return to  DN-21. And Our hybrid design is used on DN-20 now. One BA+ one dynamic driver.    2 BA+ 2 dynamic is an excellent idea. We will suggest our R&D depart to give it try.

May 18, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #36 of 43
There might be a problem with that though, it may be innovative but I feel like there is some logistical reason that other companies that have tried it haven't been too succesful.  Maybe it is execution, but I feel there is some problem with the interaction of the moving air of two diaphragms while balanced armatures have their own encasing and therefore more can be used.

May 18, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #37 of 43
True, but i guess its of matter of "how much it costs to design, create and publish the product VS how much profit they are going to make out of it."
As a design, I think it will be best if you can create some wall between the dynamic drivers and BA drivers.

May 21, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #38 of 43
Hi

Truly as you said about 2 BA and 2 dynamic. It might take some time and resource to do it with facing huge difficulty. Like Housing design, location of unit, space of air,all affect the sound quite much. And Adding wall might be a good way to do it. Thanks for bring great suggestions.

BTW profit is not the only thing we care, we value more on making high quality product. We love people all around the world to view DUNU as standard as great quality earphone with affordable price.

Best,
Rocky

Jul 19, 2012 at 5:37 AM Post #39 of 43
Hi guys,

3 model of DUNU silver impact series has completed. The last one flagship of 2012 DN-19 Tai Chi is 95% ready.

Some picture for you . Exclusive removable damper design, brings more fun and pleasure.

You won't have to buy several earphones to enjoy different music.

Simply remove or install damper and replace ear tips. You can enjoy it easily.

Recommended combination 

With      damper + gray tip :Enhance Clarity, detail, Mid and High  
Without damper +             :Enhance Bass

Cheers,
Rocky

Specification

Model No.    : DN-19 Tai Chi
Plug            : 3.5 gold-plated
F.R.             : 16HZ-26KHZ
Driver          : 10mm Dynamic
Sensitivity    : 100 + 2 DB
Attenuation  : 26 dB
Cord length : 1.3 m
Impedance  : 16 Ω
Weight        : 18 G

Sep 9, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #41 of 43
So the DN-20 is not a dual dynamic driver but is now 1 dynamic driver and 1 balanced armature?  Thats awesome, how is the crossover going to work, like the BA handles the mids and high and the dynamic the bass or what?

Really looking forward to the DC4 but your making it into a custom and not a universal? 

Sep 10, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #43 of 43
Quote:
So the DN-20 is not a dual dynamic driver but is now 1 dynamic driver and 1 balanced armature?  Thats awesome, how is the crossover going to work, like the BA handles the mids and high and the dynamic the bass or what?

Really looking forward to the DC4 but your making it into a custom and not a universal? 

We may skip DN-20 DN-21 DN-100 and develop new models. 

DC4 into universal it's possible. BUT we will have to know how many people interested and like the sound feature.

Quote:
no planar iem sometime in the future? =)

Sure, some other model are under development for 2013, no specific schedule.
One flat cable for entry level, One Hybrid for hard core. Maybe there will be one more model.

However, fun is very important, we may change direction for more interesting idea,
Like Replace the DN-20, 21, DN-100 with Silver impact series in this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back