DUNU launches the all-new VULKAN, a six-driver hybrid earphone with a coaxial dual dynamic woofer
Jun 8, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #16 of 31
On the Dunu site the Vulkan is out of stock.
Is there a way to get them from Italy?
Thank you

I’d also love to know when and where I can get these in Europe.

Unfortunately, the VULKAN has already sold out - we had to cut it off as soon as it did!

For Europe and Italy, the quickest way to get it is with a distributor who orders through us.

I'd recommend checking in with your local source and display your interest in them if you haven't already.

Jun 9, 2022 at 8:35 AM Post #17 of 31
Unfortunately, the VULKAN has already sold out - we had to cut it off as soon as it did!

For Europe and Italy, the quickest way to get it is with a distributor who orders through us.

I'd recommend checking in with your local source and display your interest in them if you haven't already.

A while ago, I was asking for people to compare how these would translate when compared to the DK-3001 Pro, the Variations and the ones I own, the Rai Solo.

You told me to “wait for the Vulkan, you won’t be disappointed”, or something along these lines.

It’s not at all your fault, it’s just my rant, but... I live in Portugal, the market for mid-tier or higher end IEM’s is really small (when compared to other countries) so we rely on amazon and some distributors. On Dunu’s website, the distributors for Europe are four, located in Russia, Ukraine, Poland and the UK. For the first two, it must be very complicated at this very sad stage in history. The third one has a website only in Polish with nothing perceivably announced. The one in the UK also has nothing announced and due to Brexit, unless there’s a warehouse in the EU, all orders are taxed and the final price get jacked.

I TOTALLY understand that the situation in China lately hasn’t been easy, with all the lockdowns. Thousands of industries are delayed. I don’t know how many Vulkan units Dunu was able to accomplish but they’ve obviously sold out. Good for Dunu.
I have experience in imports and exports, product creation and logistics chains, so I understand. But people can’t just recommend our “local source” when there isn’t one (or one that I know of, that’s why I asked).

All I want, besides getting some Vulkans inside my ears, is for brands to understand that there are markets around the globe which cannot be compared to Asian or North American markets, but which have passionate and enthusiastic people who also want “availability”. Germany, France, Italy, Scandinavian countries and many others in the EU must be good markets for Dunu. We just want info, for now.

I’ve been waiting... and will continue to do so.

One final thought, once Dunu manages to get Vulkan units available again, I do know the iFi seller/distributor here, why not jump on their sales channel and promote Dunu. Count me in as a customer. I’ll be waiting. Thanks.

Jun 9, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #18 of 31
A while ago, I was asking for people to compare how these would translate when compared to the DK-3001 Pro, the Variations and the ones I own, the Rai Solo.

You told me to “wait for the Vulkan, you won’t be disappointed”, or something along these lines.

It’s not at all your fault, it’s just my rant, but... I live in Portugal, the market for mid-tier or higher end IEM’s is really small (when compared to other countries) so we rely on amazon and some distributors. On Dunu’s website, the distributors for Europe are four, located in Russia, Ukraine, Poland and the UK. For the first two, it must be very complicated at this very sad stage in history. The third one has a website only in Polish with nothing perceivably announced. The one in the UK also has nothing announced and due to Brexit, unless there’s a warehouse in the EU, all orders are taxed and the final price get jacked.

I TOTALLY understand that the situation in China lately hasn’t been easy, with all the lockdowns. Thousands of industries are delayed. I don’t know how many Vulkan units Dunu was able to accomplish but they’ve obviously sold out. Good for Dunu.
I have experience in imports and exports, product creation and logistics chains, so I understand. But people can’t just recommend our “local source” when there isn’t one (or one that I know of, that’s why I asked).

All I want, besides getting some Vulkans inside my ears, is for brands to understand that there are markets around the globe which cannot be compared to Asian or North American markets, but which have passionate and enthusiastic people who also want “availability”. Germany, France, Italy, Scandinavian countries and many others in the EU must be good markets for Dunu. We just want info, for now.

One final thought, once Dunu manages to get Vulkan units available again, I do know the iFi seller/distributor here, why not jump on their sales channel and promote Dunu. Count me in as a customer. I’ll be waiting. Thanks.

I don't know if it is any help to you but Inadrein Audio (https://indareinaudio.com) carries Dunu in Spain. No sign of the Vulkan yet but when it is in stock, it will probably much easier to get them to Portugal than from the other countries you mentioned.

Jun 10, 2022 at 1:06 AM Post #19 of 31

I understand your rant, and absolutely see where you are coming from. We are working our hardest to get Vulkan units back in stock.

Yes - when there isn't a local source, that makes things a bit tough.

It's important to keep in mind we work in tandem with demand - for those local markets in the EU, we need the communities help to voice interest in DUNU so distributors know it's something worth checking out.

We might not know about them and they might not know about us - we are always open to the conversation!

Regarding iFi and DUNU - my client to client work is separate. If it's not under my jurisdiction with iFi, it's something I don't get involved in out of respect for both brands.

Hope that gives a little more insight - never less, thanks for being a future customer when you can pick one up!

I don't know if it is any help to you but Inadrein Audio (https://indareinaudio.com) carries Dunu in Spain. No sign of the Vulkan yet but when it is in stock, it will probably much easier to get them to Portugal than from the other countries you mentioned.

Thanks buddy!

Jun 11, 2022 at 6:29 AM Post #20 of 31

Muchas gracias! This really helps. I never knew there was a distributor for Dunu (right here) in Spain. I will contact them and hope they can get Vulkan.

I understand your rant, and absolutely see where you are coming from. We are working our hardest to get Vulkan units back in stock.

Yes - when there isn't a local source, that makes things a bit tough.

It's important to keep in mind we work in tandem with demand - for those local markets in the EU, we need the communities help to voice interest in DUNU so distributors know it's something worth checking out.

We might not know about them and they might not know about us - we are always open to the conversation!

Regarding iFi and DUNU - my client to client work is separate. If it's not under my jurisdiction with iFi, it's something I don't get involved in out of respect for both brands.

Hope that gives a little more insight - never less, thanks for being a future customer when you can pick one up!

Thanks buddy!

Thanks for your understanding and your help. Let’s hope this distributor can get their hands on Vulkan soon. Cheers.

Jun 13, 2022 at 10:18 PM Post #21 of 31
Just arrived!!

F749BB3C-203D-4F3D-B09C-25D188495CC5.jpeg

Jun 16, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #22 of 31
Aug 2, 2022 at 1:17 AM Post #26 of 31
Nov 4, 2022 at 9:09 PM Post #27 of 31
out of curiosity, does the Vulkan need a little a good amount of juice to sound best? reason i ask is i have Cowon Plenue R2 and S which do not have very strong of amp sections

Nov 5, 2022 at 1:59 AM Post #28 of 31
out of curiosity, does the Vulkan need a little a good amount of juice to sound best? reason i ask is i have Cowon Plenue R2 and S which do not have very strong of amp sections
Impedance: 15Ω | Sensitivity: 109dB that seems like a fairly easy load to drive to me your Plenue R2 and S will be perfect.

Nov 17, 2022 at 2:20 PM Post #29 of 31
Impedance: 15Ω | Sensitivity: 109dB that seems like a fairly easy load to drive to me your Plenue R2 and S will be perfect.

Correct!

Jan 29, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #30 of 31
For twenty years, DUNU has tackled some of the toughest challenges in the portable audiophile world. Our design and engineering team throws itself into materials research with aplomb but also engages in self-examination of the most critical light before gazing ever forward towards the future.

Here and now, DUNU returns to where we made our mark initially — hybrids. After having released no less than nine hybrid in-ears with our DN and DK models, as well as the world’s first hybrid earbud, we are excited to cap off over a decade of work on hybrids with VULKAN. It draws inspiration from our past but also moves forward with DUNU’s spirit of innovation.

56ffaf61b766957bd3456e941cbda4d.jpg

VULKAN embodies power and authority, inside and out. Like flows of igneous origin, the mokume gane inspired faceplates are bold and elegant, etched into polished stainless steel and capped atop black-anodized shells milled from premium, aerospace-grade aluminum.

5a4ab801b0d1e95c9a4a27746bcd2c29.jpg

By leveraging the latest virtual and digital tools in our design process, VULKAN is one of the most finely iterated products to be released even before a physical build. Every component has been optimized in software to maximize performance, from the 3D-printed acoustic waveguide — a first for a DUNU product — to the dual 8 mm coaxially-aligned dynamic drivers found at the heart of the hybrid acoustic circuit.

EMuch like our Dual-Push isobaric dual dynamic drivers of the past*, we apply our experience with acoustically-coupled dynamic drivers to VULKAN. The anterior unit, fabricated with a structural foam cell dome suspended on a polyurethane-based independent surround, is constructed from some of the same principles as our high-end ECLIPSE drivers. The soft, flexible surround allows the strong and lightweight foam cell to deliver the deepest bass registers with utmost authority and range. Synergistically, the nano-crystalline titanium-coated unit in the rear maintains transient response and linearity of the lower midrange, allowing VULKAN to deliver both power and control with its dynamic drivers.

* Found in the DN-2002 and DM-480

VULKAN’s two mid-high drivers and dual supertweeters are sourced from Knowles Acoustics, makers of some of the finest balanced armature drivers in the world. Our virtual design studio then integrates them seamlessly with the dynamic drivers via an advanced additively manufactured waveguide design and a finely-divided electronic crossover.

1(2).png

The result, colored with precision, is a crowd pleaser of a sound signature, imaged for a larger-than-life presentation, a lush, full midrange and a high end with just the right amount of sparkle. Real-world listeners agree: VULKAN’s tuning was validated by a wealth of feedback from a wide variety of individuals over the past six months. Show attendees at one of the world’s largest headphone shows, CanJam New York 2022, audiophiles at the first large-scale spring headphone festival to be held in Tokyo in over two years, and a trusted group of trained internal beta testers have all raved about VULKAN’s unique blend of fun, detail, and precision.

25d5ccde2169bb04c41d6c141857caa9.jpg

VULKAN continues the DUNU tradition of bundling a premium cable with our exclusive Q-Lock PLUS quick-switch modular cable platform. Included in the package is the highly regarded DUW-02S and three analog plugs: 2.5 mm balanced, 3.5 mm single-ended, and 4.4 mm balanced.

10962404594b3ff3853666efa34fad30e.jpg

At a retail price of $379.99 US dollars, VULKAN will be launching on DUNU’s direct shop website (www.dunu-topsound.com/shop) during the first week of June and with our authorized dealers worldwide by late June. For more information, please visit: https://www.dunu-topsound.com/vulkan

1654557193428.png
Just so nice, I love them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back