DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution?
Jul 27, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #901 of 2,123
To think something that is 300+ to have driver flex problem ? Lol...

It's a vented driver.  If you close off the vent what do you expect?

Again - if you don't use the bass rings (personally I don't think the are required - sig is better without them), then there is no flex.

Jul 27, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #904 of 2,123
Driver flex shouldn't damage the earphones in general. In theory recurrent driver flex can damage the diaphragm but in reality the number of cycles the driver would have to flex will be far in excess of the actual lifespan of the IEM itself.

Source: google

Jul 27, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #907 of 2,123
  How do these compare with the Titan 1's? I currently have those and I'm thinking of upgrading. Is it worth it?

Some quotes from the thread:

The Titan 1 bass is more spongy/bouncy/less controlled, and less textured, less layered, less resolving. The 2000J bass is extremely well-controlled --- true top-tier $$$$ quality in bass. Quantity-wise, the 2000J actually has more bass than the Titan 1 relative to the midrange, but it'll feel at many times like it has less bass. The Titan 1 has good bass --- for its price. But the 2000J has very good bass regardless of price.

Vocals on the 2000J are much more three dimensional and project forward into space. Titan 1 vocals are flatter. Treble on the Titan 1 is more neutral.

Is the 2000J "worth the price" over the Titan 1? That's a relative question. The 2000J is definitely a clearly better earphone, but would you necessarily have a much better time enjoying music? That's a debatable answer. The 2000J is for people who are chasing the "the next level" of resolution and presentation; most people would be well-served with the Titan 1, however. I believe that if you have to ask this question, you're better off not knowing and going with the Titan 1. Save yourself a few bucks.

Jul 28, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #908 of 2,123
Yeah, driver flex is not a problem with these lol, only if you wish to use the bass rings. I only mentioned because earpiece movement while wearing with the bass rings can cause driver flex (I had terrible problems with this using the yamaha eph-100, since they did not sit in my ears well).

(idk if driver flex damages the drivers as well, though theoretically, since you are compressing air against the diaphragm above its normal level it probably does cause some amount of additional mechanical stress on the diaphragm and driver assembly as a whole, hopefully accounted for by the designers)

Could someone define driver flex for me and describe it's repercussions? Sorry I'm a novice and I'd hate to damage these expensive IEMs.

Since inear headphones seal your canals off, if it is an unvented housing design, upon insertion you trap and compress a small amount of air that causes the driver to flex, often making a 'pop' noise, which I suspect is more painful to the user than the headphone. It can usually alleviated  or avoided altogether with proper insertion technique as described in the instructions (i.e. pulling the tip of your ear toward the back of your head and partially relaxing your jaw).

Jul 28, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #910 of 2,123
A pair of these arrived about a week ago, and are currently burning in... first impressions, with the stock grey tips with foam inside and no tinkering yet with the spacer rings or the bass rings, are quite good.

Does anybody knows where one could source some extra spare stock grey tips with the foam inside? They really fit well into my (usually rather "difficult") ears, and it would be nice to have some extra ones to try with other IEMs, if need be...

Jul 28, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #911 of 2,123
  A pair of these arrived about a week ago, and are currently burning in... first impressions, with the stock grey tips with foam inside and no tinkering yet with the spacer rings or the bass rings, are quite good.

Does anybody knows where one could source some extra spare stock grey tips with the foam inside? They really fit well into my (usually rather "difficult") ears, and it would be nice to have some extra ones to try with other IEMs, if need be...

The Sony Isolation tips.

Jul 28, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #912 of 2,123
smily_headphones1.gif

Whoa,, resolution on this thing is quite something.

And here I thought those HD Res. Audio sticker in front of the box was just a marketing gimmick.

After listening to the 2000J for awhile, almost any other IEM sounds veiled and muddy (especially bass region)..

Jul 28, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #914 of 2,123

The Sony Isolation tips.

Thanks Paulus. I have the Sony Isolation tips, and they're a bit smaller than the stock Dunu Grey tips (both in Large). The Dunu tips fit me better. That's why I'd like, if at all possible, to find some replacement Dunu grey tips with foam inside. Anybody else has any suggestion about how/where to find some? Without buying additional DN2000j, that is, lol

Jul 28, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #915 of 2,123
I've read through a decent amount of this thread, but perhaps I've missed something. Would the Dn-2000j be a great replacement or compliment for the er4s/pt? I love many things about them (isolation, clarity, ect), but am seeking a bit more bass as well as soundstage. How does the treble with the Dunu compare to the Ety? I'm curious how those who have tried both would compare and contrast the iems as a whole. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back