DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution?
Apr 27, 2016 at 5:34 AM Post #1,818 of 2,123
Does anyone have the nozel size of the 2k and 2kj?

Was the nozel size reduced along with the case in the J model?

Should be exactly the same, on the Comply compatibility chart they are both part of the 500 series

That was what I was thinking as Dunu's own comparison info shows a different shell size but mentions nothing about the nozzle.

So does anyone have calipers and can measure the actual nozzle size?

I have found that with my current iem when I put spinfit tips on them then the minimum diameter is bigger than my ear canal which causes them to work out and lose the seal.

So for me the nozzle diameter is quite important.

Apr 27, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #1,819 of 2,123
That was what I was thinking as Dunu's own comparison info shows a different shell size but mentions nothing about the nozzle.

So does anyone have calipers and can measure the actual nozzle size?

I have found that with my current iem when I put spinfit tips on them then the minimum diameter is bigger than my ear canal which causes them to work out and lose the seal.

So for me the nozzle diameter is quite important.

What's your current iem and what size are the spinfits?

Apr 28, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #1,821 of 2,123
Hi. Looking to get a new IEM for my Motorola Moto X Pure Edition smartphone. Coming from a $46 pair I'd like something better as the phone is great for music. I also own a RoCooP portable player (with a built-in amp) which is better though I use my ULTRASONE PRO 900 for them usually. I am looking at the DN-2000J and comparing it to the Sennheiser IE80 and RHA T20. All three seem great but I notice reviews for the DN-2000J make it sound like a balanced out of this world IEM, something I'd like to hear. My phone is dark, so I need something to slightly brighten and open the sound more, though I don't like a bright sound per se. I listen to mostly classic and modern rock and like clear mids, a detailed soundstage, and good bass.

Can anyone compare the three or offer any alternatives for a similar price? I'd like to order one tomorrow so any tips are great. Thanks.

Apr 28, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #1,822 of 2,123
  Hi. Looking to get a new IEM for my Motorola Moto X Pure Edition smartphone. Coming from a $46 pair I'd like something better as the phone is great for music. I also own a RoCooP portable player (with a built-in amp) which is better though I use my ULTRASONE PRO 900 for them usually. I am looking at the DN-2000J and comparing it to the Sennheiser IE80 and RHA T20. All three seem great but I notice reviews for the DN-2000J make it sound like a balanced out of this world IEM, something I'd like to hear. My phone is dark, so I need something to slightly brighten and open the sound more, though I don't like a bright sound per se. I listen to mostly classic and modern rock and like clear mids, a detailed soundstage, and good bass.

Can anyone compare the three or offer any alternatives for a similar price? I'd like to order one tomorrow so any tips are great. Thanks.

If you don't like a bright sound, the DN-2000J won't be a viable choice.

Apr 28, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #1,823 of 2,123
You're better off with the flc8s. It's a finely tuned hybrid. Reserved leanings therefore the highs have enough resolution and energy without being too bright (customisable too).

That said the clarity with the dn2kj is effortless and a level of its own. You just need a good seal and a kind music selection lol

Apr 28, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #1,824 of 2,123
If you don't like a bright sound, the DN-2000J won't be a viable choice.

With bass rings and white spacer rings on and with SpinFit ear tips, my DN2000Js are not so bright as they once were out of box. Good bass, tamed treble and very personal-sounding vocals.

You will upgrade your mobile earlier than your IEMs. So, don't bother about the dark feel of mobile. DUNU is neutral enough and also flexible enough to mildly adjust its brightness.

Still better, buy the latest DUNU 4-driver 2002. It seems to be a decent upgrade at about the same price and also with detachable cable that let's you go balanced if you buy a balanced out DAP like DP-X1 or balanced DAC/Amp.

Apr 28, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #1,825 of 2,123

As someone who usually listens to warmer, v-shaped headphones and loadspeakers, I didn't think I would enjoy such a bright sound, but it really caught me off guard. The DN-2000j's are so much brighter and clearer than anything i've ever heard. With my other headphones and iems (D2000 and MA750) I felt like the lows and highs were pretty good but the mids were always a bit recessed and a bit muddy. This earbud is so insanely clear and smooth that it has changed my preferred sound signature. They really just sound perfect all across the board except that they can be a little too bright with snares and claps which can be fixed easily with an eq or comply tips. I was looking toward the Omni as an endgame but after these dunus, I'm looking at a HD 800.

Apr 28, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #1,826 of 2,123

As someone who usually listens to warmer, v-shaped headphones and loadspeakers, I didn't think I would enjoy such a bright sound, but it really caught me off guard. The DN-2000j's are so much brighter and clearer than anything i've ever heard. With my other headphones and iems (D2000 and MA750) I felt like the lows and highs were pretty good but the mids were always a bit recessed and a bit muddy. This earbud is so insanely clear and smooth that it has changed my preferred sound signature. They really just sound perfect all across the board except that they can be a little too bright with snares and claps which can be fixed easily with an eq or comply tips. I was looking toward the Omni as an endgame but after these dunus, I'm looking at a HD 800.

You should look more toward getting a Beyer T1 if you enjoy the type of sound that the DN-2000J provides.

Still better, buy the latest DUNU 4-driver 2002. It seems to be a decent upgrade at about the same price and also with detachable cable that let's you go balanced if you buy a balanced out DAP like DP-X1 or balanced DAC/Amp.

I'd wait until the DN-2002 gets an actual review before buying.

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #1,827 of 2,123
Apr 29, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #1,829 of 2,123
The fit on the 2002 worries me but what really worries me is that someone in the thread for the 2002 mentioned that the resolution and midrange brightness were not as good as the 2000j. Removable cables and smoother treble though
i agree with whoever mentioned that. SQ of 2002 3001 4001 not up to par at all.

Apr 29, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #1,830 of 2,123

The fit on the 2002 worries me but what really worries me is that someone in the thread for the 2002 mentioned that the resolution and midrange brightness were not as good as the 2000j. Removable cables and smoother treble though

I mentioned that it had less bright mids than the DN-2kJ (imvho and in my ears, DN-2000J's mids are somewhat too bright at times). But I never mentioned anything about it being less resolving. Less level in a certain frequency band does not equal to less resolution. Although the DN-2k2 is more relaxed in the middle and lower treble and lacks the bright DN-2kJ mids, it is no less detailed sounding than it - although imho it can be heard that it belongs to the DN-family, it aims for a beefier, bassier tone than the analytically bright DN-2000J - but does not sound less detailed (in dact, I would even say that the upper treble sounds slightly better differentiated and more refined - but overall, it is about on the same level and just a small upgrade if you could say so; even probably more of a side-grade - in the end it is up to one's personal preferences, as both imho aim for a different clientele).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back