Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!)
Jun 29, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #1,201 of 1,320
Question on the fit of these. I have tiny ear canals and its hard for me to find any IEMs that stay in for me tbh. I use the small silicone tips and they begin to slide out within minutes. I know all iems have different size driver housings, but are there some out there that have a smaller piece that the silicone tip goes over, and thus might be more compatible with my ear? Im just trying to figure out if there is a solution to my frustrating problem! I see reviews for the sennheiser ie800 that say they are super comfortable but I am trying to understand how some iems are different than others given they seem to all have similar tips. What am i missing?

Jun 29, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #1,202 of 1,320
  Question on the fit of these. I have tiny ear canals and its hard for me to find any IEMs that stay in for me tbh. I use the small silicone tips and they begin to slide out within minutes. I know all iems have different size driver housings, but are there some out there that have a smaller piece that the silicone tip goes over, and thus might be more compatible with my ear? Im just trying to figure out if there is a solution to my frustrating problem! I see reviews for the sennheiser ie800 that say they are super comfortable but I am trying to understand how some iems are different than others given they seem to all have similar tips. What am i missing?

what about foam tips?

Jun 29, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #1,203 of 1,320

The fins might solve your problem - they lock the IEMs in place ....

dunudn2000iem1.png

Otherwise you may want to look at something like the Aurisonic Rockets which have a very small body, and can be inserted deeper.  they also have a locking mechanism (tri-tabs) but YMMV with that one.

Jun 29, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #1,204 of 1,320
  what about foam tips?

I havent, and I admit I am hard headed about not going down the path of tips that I have to replace. I have used foam plugs before and know how dirty they get after just a few uses so ive stubbornly rejected using them.

dunudn2000iem1.png

Otherwise you may want to look at something like the Aurisonic Rockets which have a very small body, and can be inserted deeper.  they also have a locking mechanism (tri-tabs) but YMMV with that one.

Thanks I will try the wings.

For a test i found some crappy 5 year old sony <$100 iems. Same size piece which the tip fits over but the driver housing is like a small ball shape and light. I put the dn-2000 small silicone tips on the sonys them and they fit right in my ear, piece of cake. So i am theorizing that Dunus large cylindrical casing is what is preventing the iems to go deep into my ear which is not only small but the outer part of my ear is probably also small.

Jun 29, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #1,205 of 1,320
  Thanks I will try the wings.

For a test i found some crappy 5 year old sony <$100 iems. Same size piece which the tip fits over but the driver housing is like a small ball shape and light. I put the dn-2000 small silicone tips on the sonys them and they fit right in my ear, piece of cake. So i am theorizing that Dunus large cylindrical casing is what is preventing the iems to go deep into my ear which is not only small but the outer part of my ear is probably also small.

OK - makes sense.

Definitely look into the Rockets then - they are tiny, about 6mm in diameter..  Altone200s are also quite small if you're after a good triple hybrid. 

Jul 11, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #1,207 of 1,320

dunudn2000iem1.png

This is confortable? Do you know if is possible put your head in the pillow with this without pain?

Jul 11, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #1,208 of 1,320
This is confortable? Do you know if is possible put your head in the pillow with this without pain?

I can - I've slept a few times with them still inserted. YMMV of course - everyone is different.

Aug 1, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #1,209 of 1,320
It's been a while since I've posted in this thread but relieved to say than not regretting spilling some major dough on these hybrids after a love/hate relationship with tips/rings/3rd party tips.

Ymmv (again) but for myself I found a great natural balance with monster turbine supertips. I seriously started hating the DN2000 after being sizzled out by the sibilance (yemv otherwise your hearing is already damaged).

Thanks to these I'm able to draw longer, more enjoyable sessions free from any fatigue even when I push the volume up! They remain super smooth with in the mids;vocals still remain textured and detailed while sounding more relaxed. (I dare not use "toned down") Sibilance was my biggest beef, now the slithery ssssssss pretty much just mellow out, just enough to add enough realistic subtle textures to the vocal performance.

The bore looks less wide but I found comfort, isolation, and it struck that perfect balance - perfect q/q of delicious textured bass, really smooth mids and NON FATIGUING highs. Again, the presentation is nothing short of spectacular. Its a real joy listening to classical with the instrument separation with outstanding clarity! Broadway is blast!

I'm probably gonna pit these with the fx750 once I get them by mail.

So yes, if you are still looking for tips to match them correctly with the iHifi 770, monster supertips should go up your alley.

Aug 1, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #1,210 of 1,320

It was a struggle matching the 770 with the dunu 2000 but replacing the stock with supertips just did it for me. The soundstage "feels" less congested; the imaging more back and forth, positioning more apparent and it becomes 3d layered party for every darn big band that plays on record.

Aug 6, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #1,211 of 1,320
Hi someone that has seen the internal cables of the DUNU could tell me which one is the ground... There is one red, one red and copper mixed and one all copper... I'm trying to repair them since the jack doesn't work

Enviado desde mi SM-G920I mediante Tapatalk

Aug 7, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #1,212 of 1,320
Hi someone that has seen the internal cables of the DUNU could tell me which one is the ground... There is one red, one red and copper mixed and one all copper... I'm trying to repair them since the jack doesn't work

Enviado desde mi SM-G920I mediante Tapatalk

Try emailing them directly.  I contacted them about the cables in the DN-2000 and 2000J and Vivian go back to me right away with an answer.  Hopefully she`s still there and using this email address: 

vivian@dunu-topsound.com

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #1,213 of 1,320
Sibilance was my biggest beef, now the slithery ssssssss pretty much just mellow out, just enough to add enough realistic subtle textures to the vocal performance.

I'm pretty sure this isn't an issue exclusive to the DN2000, rather a well-known trait of the Knowles dual-BA. There's a peak around the 8-9KHz frequency, the actual number varies depending on the housing obviously, but on my DN2000 it seems to be right around 8800Khz.

The FR graph here seems to confirm the spike location:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/DunuDN2000.pdf

I've just EQ'd that frequency band down about 3dB which took the edge off for me, some may want a bit more. I think this is a reasonable application for EQ since the problem is in a very specific frequency range.

I'd give the Monsters a go if you mean the gel ones though, I find foam tips in general dampen clarity too much and over too great a spectrum. Which ones in particular did you use?

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #1,214 of 1,320
I'm pretty sure this isn't an issue exclusive to the DN2000, rather a well-known trait of the Knowles dual-BA. There's a peak around the 8-9KHz frequency, the actual number varies depending on the housing obviously, but on my DN2000 it seems to be right around 8800Khz.

The FR graph here seems to confirm the spike location:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/DunuDN2000.pdf

I've just EQ'd that frequency band down about 3dB which took the edge off for me, some may want a bit more. I think this is a reasonable application for EQ since the problem is in a very specific frequency range.

I'd give the Monsters a go if you mean the gel ones though, I find foam tips in general dampen clarity too much and over too great a spectrum. Which ones in particular did you use?

The gel ones I use. Since I've been using my ihifi 770 for most of my on the go listening, eq are all preset.

It's been a better listen for some time...and it might stay that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back