Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!)
Jan 31, 2015 at 1:44 AM Post #1,036 of 1,320
  Alright, I am now aboard: picked up DN2K a couple of days ago, after demoing it extensively.  No fit problems; I have spiraldots and spinfits.  Spinfits are the bomb as usual.

I have a question : has anyone chopped the cable?  I have found only 2 examples of recabling for the DN2K, one a crude mmcx conversion that cut the cables above the Y-split; the other this amazingly difficult-looking but very nice full re-cable : 

I want to just chop the 3.5 and replace with 2.5TRRS, but there is the usual question of how many wires are at the plug.  The K3003 is 4-conductor.  Does anyone know if the DN2K is 4, or 3 ?  My guess is 3, judging by how thin the cable is, but I thought I would ask in case anyone here knows. . . 

d

Don't think anybody here has actually opened theirs. I would recommend shooting Dunu an email. 

Jan 31, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #1,037 of 1,320
  Alright, I am now aboard: picked up DN2K a couple of days ago, after demoing it extensively.  No fit problems; I have spiraldots and spinfits.  Spinfits are the bomb as usual.

I have a question : has anyone chopped the cable?  I have found only 2 examples of recabling for the DN2K, one a crude mmcx conversion that cut the cables above the Y-split; the other this amazingly difficult-looking but very nice full re-cable : 

I want to just chop the 3.5 and replace with 2.5TRRS, but there is the usual question of how many wires are at the plug.  The K3003 is 4-conductor.  Does anyone know if the DN2K is 4, or 3 ?  My guess is 3, judging by how thin the cable is, but I thought I would ask in case anyone here knows. . . 

d

Welcome aboard! 
etysmile.gif

I'm afraid I can't help you with your question, but I have a question for you. What is "spinfits"? I believe "spiraldots" are the stock FX850 ear tips, no? Thanks!

Jan 31, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #1,038 of 1,320
Welcome aboard! :etysmile:

I'm afraid I can't help you with your question, but I have a question for you. What is "spinfits"? I believe "spiraldots" are the stock FX850 ear tips, no? Thanks!

Naa,thats different....take a look@ by clicking below link.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gniiycvmyxM

Jan 31, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #1,039 of 1,320
  Welcome aboard! 
etysmile.gif

Spiraldots are, yes, the JVC high-end tips which come with the FX850; they are good.  Spinfits are another tip which for me are perfect.  They actually do exactly what they claim to do, as in Shawn71`s video link above : the tube flexes in you ear canal without deforming, without collapsing. For me, they fit, seal and isolate better than any other tip, and I have them on every IEM now.  They are also great for heavier IEMs, exactly like the DN2K and FX850.  . . 

Feb 1, 2015 at 4:01 AM Post #1,040 of 1,320
Well SpinFits seem to be a rather nifty idea, especially as I sometimes I have to fiddle around a bit to get the perfect angle. Getting the right angle can have rather dramatic effects on sound quality; something that took me way too long to realize. Do you know the inner diameter width of the bore exit? Somewhere between 4.5 to 6 mm would be really nice.

Feb 1, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #1,042 of 1,320
  Well SpinFits seem to be a rather nifty idea, especially as I sometimes I have to fiddle around a bit to get the perfect angle. Getting the right angle can have rather dramatic effects on sound quality; something that took me way too long to realize. Do you know the inner diameter width of the bore exit? Somewhere between 4.5 to 6 mm would be really nice.

That`s the Spinfit in the middle; the other two are a large and medium Spiraldots.  So you can see the spinfits don`t have that wide of a bore.  I do wish it was wider : I love those Dunu tips that are super-wide. . .   The inner tube of the spinfit is a stiffer material, maybe plastic; the outer portion is the flexible silicon . . .  

Feb 1, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #1,043 of 1,320

That`s the Spinfit in the middle; the other two are a large and medium Spiraldots.  So you can see the spinfits don`t have that wide of a bore.  I do wish it was wider : I love those Dunu tips that are super-wide. . .   The inner tube of the spinfit is a stiffer material, maybe plastic; the outer portion is the flexible silicon . . .  

Thanks for the info and the picture! Very clarifying! I might want to try them nevertheless. We'll see...

What? I hope you're not referring to some super wide stock tips that weren't in my DN-2000 package!? The only wide stock tips I found were the foam tips.

Feb 1, 2015 at 10:51 PM Post #1,044 of 1,320

What? I hope you're not referring to some super wide stock tips that weren't in my DN-2000 package!? The only wide stock tips I found were the foam tips.

I was refering to these: you can see the gaping beast on the left.  I actually haven`t tried them yet; they might be good with the spacers.  My OCD likes how unobstructed the nozzle is . . .  

And sorry - I just checked and I realize I`m wrong about these being Dunu tips, at least, they didn`t come with my DN2K.  I bought a grab-bag of OEM tips recently so these might be from the DN1K or from another maker, maybe these are Hifiman . . . They are semi-transparent and have a spiral structure inside. . . . 

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #1,047 of 1,320
I've been eying the 2000J, so I looked them up but all the reports I could find about them stated (or hinted at the fact) that they'll be Japan exclusives. I contacted Dunu about it and they said that they won't be limited to Japan and will be available in outside markets as well. Not sure if that has been clarified before, if it has, please disregard, otherwise some people might find that interesting

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #1,048 of 1,320
I've been eying the 2000J, so I looked them up but all the reports I could find about them stated (or hinted at the fact) that they'll be Japan exclusives. I contacted Dunu about it and they said that they won't be limited to Japan and will be available in outside markets as well. Not sure if that has been clarified before, if it has, please disregard, otherwise some people might find that interesting

Did they give you a release date?

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #1,049 of 1,320
I have this email from a Dunu European reseller:

""

Hello xxxx.

DN2000J are only available on Japanese market.

Regards.

Xxx

""

Users who are viewing this thread

Back