Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!)
Jun 9, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #646 of 1,320

Wow, why not relax a bit. Sorry if you felt offended (by which part of my writeup exactly??). I happened to read your comment in the middle of fiddling between dn1k and dn2k, and I think I got what you mean by not knowing where to start with the dn2k. More neutral means sometimes less to tell about specific aspects of signature. 

I'm sorry for coming across harsh, I've made it quite clear I've been using Tralucent T1 amp with DN-1000, which I might add is some wonderful synergy regardless of what source or DAC I'm using. It just come out you may of  quoted my text in bias like you've basically admitted too in the bold section above.
smile.gif
 I'd like to imagine I'm very fair on an IEM when reviewing or judging it and singling out my opinion (which you also confessed to overlooking essentials like the amp) doesn't (and didn't) feel appropriate to me.

There were several members before me who shot DN-2000 down to the ground.

idk guys, I still hate my pair. LMka's impressions match my initial impressions against clip+ for DN2k. regardless of tips and spacers.
I find them bland and lifeless (the mids are flat and the highs aren't really anything special compared to Noble 4, and the bass isn't anything special compared to H300 (although it does hit deep and there is quite a bit of it, especially after EQ). Though slightly EQing it does help, I can't seem to resolve the feeling above of 'mmm bland' with EQ). I know it's meant to be tuned relatively neutral and detailed but I just don't feel the excitement in it.

Originally Posted by LMka 

I've had exactly Dunu DN-2000 + iBasso dx90  and it was the most boring, lifeless sound, which made any song sound like it is a background when I like energy and when song involves me and let me feel it. I've sold both Dunu DN-2000 and ibasso dx90, IMHO both does not worth it's price. I have ordered Fiio x5 and IHIFI 770 for now, did not receive any of these for now so I can't comment on them, let's just wait and see.

Just two examples.

Then I say this........

Originally Posted by H20Fidelity 

As I said, I'm still not exactly sure where I stand with the new Dunu.

And you're going to single me out for not telling "more' about certain aspects? There were several others you could of qouted.

Anyway, thank you for admitting you overlooked my original post which explains quite a lot.

Jun 9, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #648 of 1,320
Deep breaths, uncle H20.

axw was just talking about the merits of the neutrality of the sound signature, as in there is nothing which stands out specifically about it, rather the sum of its parts.

I don't think it was a personal comment questioning your impartiality or anything like that. Just some language difficulties :)

My $0.02...

Jun 9, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #649 of 1,320
Arrr, yes, now I understand Bohdy.

I'm not upset, (It is OK) and will admit I've made an error. I'm sure we can see how it interweaved now with "sometimes less to tell" and neutral having less to speak about the signature. it appears I've jumped the gun and crossed a few lines. It's too late now to edit my post out, so I'll just  apologise for axw and we can move on, have a laugh, or play a few songs. 

I admit I haven't slept properly this last few days, why I've been putting off my DN-2000 review.

As promised I'll leave a song for axw.....

Jun 10, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #650 of 1,320
Hi.

I received my earphones yesterday... so far they haven't past the test...My er4p/s kicks its ass badly....

the dn 2000 didnt past the The Strokes - Reptilia test... The guitar gets lost in every song... I am hearing sounds that I didn't before... but I think they were not meant to be loud cause most of the times make the song sound weird...

Any EQ advice will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jun 10, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #651 of 1,320
I think I have never seen a thread here where opinions are so diverse and difficult to digest.

One question, people who own both the DN-1000 and the DN-2000 are convinced that the later is definitely better?

Jun 10, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #652 of 1,320
  I think I have never seen a thread here where opinions are so diverse and difficult to digest.

One question, people who own both the DN-1000 and the DN-2000 are convinced that the later is definitely better?

DN-2000 is technically better in almost every aspect.
But which one sounds better is totally a matter of preference.
DN-1000 sounds more lively and musical to me personally.
DN-2000 has a bit more detail, clarity, and transparency.

Jun 10, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #653 of 1,320
  Hi.
I received my earphones yesterday... so far they haven't past the test...My er4p/s kicks its ass badly....
the dn 2000 didnt past the The Strokes - Reptilia test... The guitar gets lost in every song... I hearing sounds that I didn't before... but I think they were not mean to be loud cause most of the times make the song sound weird...
Any EQ advice will be appreciated.
Thanks.

What's your source? tips? spacers? etc just curious

Jun 10, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #654 of 1,320

DN-2000 is technically better in almost every aspect.
But which one sounds better is totally a matter of preference.
DN-1000 sounds more lively and musical to me personally.
DN-2000 has a bit more detail, clarity, and transparency.

Thanks for your response.
I don't own any Dunu, but I have read several times that the DN-2000 will perform (sound) better in almost every genre expect for hip-hop / rap.

I'm looking to replace my Vsonic GR-07 BE. I would like the same sound signature of these, would be the DN-2000 a good choice?

Jun 10, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #656 of 1,320

Thanks for your response.
I don't own any Dunu, but I have read several times that the DN-2000 will perform (sound) better in almost every genre expect for hip-hop / rap.

I'm looking to replace my Vsonic GR-07 BE. I would like the same sound signature of these, would be the DN-2000 a good choice?

Sorry I don't have the GR07 BE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back