Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!)
May 15, 2014 at 1:32 AM Post #423 of 1,320
Djvkool you definitely have to hear the kc06A:innocent:

Quote:
I have both and IMHO the dunu doesn't even compete with the kc06A:wink:

Remember mate, this is DN-2000 appreciation thread, not Ostry appreciation thread 
wink_face.gif
 - please post comment about how awesome and good Ostry stuff in its own thread...

The title should really be "Looking for Ms. Perfect" because the female vocals sound the best!!!

Great review!

In all honesty I am hearing something a bit different from you. But our music selection is also very different and you are much more experienced than me :)

Maybe something to do with tips?

Yep could be, as I stated just before I reviewed the sound quality, I am using an extra large sized bore tips, to be exact UE's single flange silicone, which works best for me

May 15, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #424 of 1,320
A link to djvkool's fabulous DN-2000 review has been added to the bottom of the OP. (original post #1)

If you haven't checked it out I highly recommend doing so. His review can also be found on the front page of Head-fi!

May 16, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #425 of 1,320
Ordered on there way damn it won't have em for 7 days at the very least just nail biting tension till then lol. Has anyone tried these with the meridian dac or govibe martini amp ??  

May 16, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #427 of 1,320
  My set should be arriving within 2 weeks. My first $150+ IEM purchase.

Definitely won't regret mate, this is a $300 IEM that sounds like $600+ IEM, I didn't joke in my review when I said that I like this better than both my Merlin and LSX5, and only 1 IEM that sounds better to my ear, which is the 1Plus2

May 16, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #428 of 1,320

Definitely won't regret mate, this is a $300 IEM that sounds like $600+ IEM, I didn't joke in my review when I said that I like this better than both my Merlin and LSX5, and only 1 IEM that sounds better to my ear, which is the 1Plus2

Corrected according to Mochill:

"Definitely won't regret mate, this is a $300 IEM that sounds like a $60+ IEM,"

So I just got ostries new creation call the kc06A, the cooler looking very as stated by the website :relieved:. The the sound is more tuned to be natural and organic and more open...an oh boy does it sound oh so delicious :yum:.
<blah blah blah>
when more people come to realize the you don't honestly need to spend over a $100+ to get top tier sound and I'm so pissed off :unamused: because two days earlier I got the dunu dn2k( best midreange) and the ocharaku flat (best treble imho) and the funniest part is the this iem cost me $65 , same a the kc06 gold but the sound is the combination of both the dunu and ocharaku flat in one ...<yadda yadda>

May 16, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #433 of 1,320
I doubt the Ostry sound like $600 IEMs... Use some common sense here, how can an IEM beat something that costs 10 times as much from respected audio companies?

May 16, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #435 of 1,320

Yea...No.

I think that's an in general criticism to literally every IEM

If these are "$600 IEMs" then the ostry are $600 IEMs. Something isn't right here :|

Well I agree - Ostrys definitely can't play in the $600 field but $300 field? Quite possibly
There's a good chance the DN2000 are quite a bit ahead of the Ostrys technically, but try and keep aware of expectation bias - the brain does funny stuff to justify things. If you really want something to sound superior to cheaper stuff, there's a good chance it will (tbh this is why I'm having a hard time believing mochill impressions lol)
But yeah keep an open mind

Users who are viewing this thread

Back