DUNU DN-12 Trident free review event.(update8/22) Experience DUNU's amazing model.
Oct 11, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #46 of 50
[size=16pt]Dunu:[/size] [size=18pt]TRIDENT[/size]

[size=14pt]THE IEM:[/size]

the trident is a beautiful little piece of gem looking, inexpensive, balanced and rich sounding iem made by another china brand, DUNU.

things to like:
-everything!!!
-gold plated 3.5mm jack
-fine metal housing with fabulous aesthetic
-nice ear tips
-soft leather pouch.
-the price is cheap.
-the sound quality is among the best ( 9 / 10 )

things not to like:
-lack in originality ala-monster style packaging

[size=14pt]THE SOUND:[/size]

the trident sounds very pleasing and sweet.
you'll be amazed by how this beautiful this iem looks...and also be profound by its sound!

it is very similar to the dreamy iem panasonic hje900, less the sibilance.
similar to the ortofon eq7's  signature.

details. very rich, intimate and enveloping.
the details and resolution is something worth mentioning just like hje900, again.
the sound is like in a bracket of 200usd iem.

the sound isnt like an ordinary iem that is limited in space.
its spacious in width and height.

balanced. nothing is too much here.
the high, lows and mids are all fine and alright.
no bass bleeds, hot treble or recessed mids.
just sweetness and your music.

pianos and strings shine beautifully.

the signature isn't too warm nor too bright.
its really hard to tell.
it sounded warm at slow paced music, and sounded somewhat bright at fast paced kind of music.
this is very similar to the ortolan eq7, a famous moving armature iem.

it has a speed (details, clarity) of a balanced armature and a bass of a dynamic.

in slow paced music like jazzes, blues and such…
the sound is very intimate, very inspiring.
i like listening to this kind of song to this iem.
the instruments and spaces between them are well defined.
here, you'll be able to discern some character and body of some instruments.

in fast paced music, this is where it isn't recommended much.
rock, pop and r and b sounded like its lacking a bit in dynamic.
its like it needed a little more time to breathe,  its where I'm loosing dynamics, details and instrument separation.

COMPARISON:

klipsch s4. overly warm. smooth and sweet. plastic in build. looses in trident's details, clarity and blending of the sounds. very similar in sweetness.

moshi vortex. overly done in bass department. sounded big and dark and uncontrolled sometimes. similar in intimacy and level of envelopment in music. somewhat similar in shape and material. inexpensive both. very similar in the "feeling" that you are not listening in an iem.

hje900. rich in details. very very similar as the tridents. too sibilant. the hje has an exception in timbre, bass and chosen material - zirconia.

ortolan eq7. the kind of sig it carries. it sounded warm and bright at some tracks. it changes depending on speed, i believed. very similar to this.

seeing this good brand of iems as similarly compared with the dunu, i think its also worth noting how newer brands like the dunu excells so fast among the bigger competitors.

FINAL WORDS:

the trident is like having an experience drinking fine wine in fine dining restaurant which won't charge you much.
its like staying in a fine luxururious 5 star hotel but paying the amount of a motel room.

this iem is a game changer.
you won't need to pay a premium price for the high quality sound like most brands…
this iem and the brand can put most iem companies into bankruptcy….
-as long as the dunu stays as true to their sound quality.
-as long as they put more dedication in providing better experience for a fraction of a price c
-create their own originality 
-and make sure  this iem is distributed equally  in many countries like the philippines.

this iem will give you the "you get more than what you pay for".
a shortcut or a gateway to a hi end iem experience.

well, if you are like me who likes a lot of iem...and enjoyed most branded ones with different  signatures, i think the DUNU with their TRIDENT is one of the special kind of iem that you shouldnt miss trying. 
its one of the MORE THAN WORTH IT iem for that price.

i say...more power to CHINA!
more power to DUNU!

Oct 11, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #47 of 50
Oct 12, 2011 at 8:31 AM Post #49 of 50
Oh I finally found the product page here on HeadFi. I'll move the review there later when I get home from work.

Nov 22, 2011 at 5:52 AM Post #50 of 50

Users who are viewing this thread

Back