DUNU DN-1000 Review
Apr 24, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #46 of 67
I really enjoy these things.

Often times when I buy a pair of in ears that I pay over 100 for I am quick to try and point out flaws rather than appreciate what's good. I'll share both.

Negatives: For my personal taste these are a little bright. At times it seems that the armature drivers are in front of the dynamic.

Positives: Let me start by saying these are awesome and the only reason I would point out any negative aspect is because I paid a lot of money for them in search of audio nirvana. Unfortunately these don't yet exist (at least I haven't bought them or been able to afford them or experience them yet) but these are pretty epic. The build is fantastic. It has good bass that's not to punchy and has a nice low end. These are extremely detailed and the separation of different sounds is excellent. I don't own a set of in ears that makes rock music sound as good, or as detailed as these do. The instruments sound like they should. Guitars sound great, and drums sound like, well, drums.

The DN1000 responds well to amplification and eq adjustment, so if anything bothers you with their signature they are easily adjustable to achieve the sound you desire. I really enjoy mine with my fiio e18 amp/dac, as it is gives them a warmer sound and, mellows out the highs while giving the low end a nice bump.

I am not an audiophile by any means. I'm just a guy that likes to hear his music sound good. I really enjoy them and definitely don't regret my purchase.

Thanks for reading, I hope this helps in your search of audio bliss.

Apr 25, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #48 of 67
Thanks for all of the impressions - I've ordered a pair and can't wait to try them!
I'm telling you now, take your time dinking around with the sound rings (and don't lose them or drop them) and make sure you get a good seal on them. I started to get discouraged messing around with the tips and rings, but once I found the right setup it was well worth the time and frustration.

Enjoy them, I'm sure you will.

Apr 26, 2014 at 6:03 AM Post #49 of 67
  I've been trying to decide between these and the JVC ha-fx750 and since the fx750 are so new haven't been able to get a good comparison... but now I can get these for $160 so I'm thinking I will go ahead with the purchase.

Mark - have you tried the fx750's?  If so what are your thoughts about the sound between the two?

Thanks.

hey, no ive got the FX-500's (supposedly the same thing as the 1000 too) sooo not really the same comparison.  i think the 750 was supposed to be bassier than the 500 but its casting the mind back a bit.

still i suppose its all moot as you ordered a dn-1000 anyway, lol enjoy.  they are really good and feel free to come back and say what you make of them.

Apr 27, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #50 of 67
I just got my DN2000 and it sounds AMAZING! Transparent sound and very clear details. Bass is not as good as my IE8 but much better than my W40 and TF10. Now I listen to DN2000 everyday and I can't get it off!

Mar 21, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #52 of 67
ALL GENRE MONSTER

I have played all genres, various recording quality levels...My Sony DAC, computer, and stereo...

From Dub to Jazz to classical to ...Motley Crue...lol...these are the finest producing overall earbuds I have heard to date. I give a 5 star because it is under $200. If it was above $200, I might give 4 because of the tangled web of cables...LOL

The build:
These buds are solid...I mean, when you hold them, you're like..."what?!" These are heavy for buds. Cables feel nice...but they can get tangled in a hurry. The connector has a 45* strain relief...there is no way there isn't a pair of earbuds for any consumer. There ar so many styles and sizes...

SOUND: The most important feature...

I hear and feel every cymbal, tom tom, snare and bass drum...The saxophones play in front of me. Vocals are clear...w/ no siblance. The mids are easy to listen to, and the bass kicks you in the gut, when you want it to. The soundstage could be wider...but, maybe that's what keeps it below $400. It's not bad at all. I have played 24-bit recordings, mp3, lossless, "normal"...can't recommend these enough...these should be owned by everyone as a pair of buds that won't disappoint in any genre. If you want a steal for bass reproduction, the ATH IM70 are the way to go. These, though, are the best buds I have used in the past 10 years.

My history: I have owned everything from:
Logitech Ultimate Ears 700
Thinksound ms01-gunchoc ms01 In-ear Monitor
Thinksound Rain 9mm High Definition Passive Noise Isolating Wooden Headphone
Shure SE215-CL Live Sound Monitor
R-50 In-Ear Monitor Balanced Armature
ClarityOne EB110 Earbuds
Yamaha EPH-100SL
Bose IE2
Audio-Technica ATH-CKS77BK
VSonic GR07 MK2
TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic
Audio Technica ATH-IM70 Dual Symphonic driver
Brainwavz S5

Mar 21, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #53 of 67
these kills the Triple Fi10s

Mar 21, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #55 of 67
slightly V-shaped...

Mar 21, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #58 of 67
correct...I meant to say that the Dunu is slightly ...V shaped

Aug 4, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #60 of 67
@Mark2410 I am currently choosing between the dunu titan and the dn 1000,which one is better, purely in terms of instrument separation and clarity.If so, is the difference big and justifiable enough to choose one over the other purely because of this difference?Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back