DUNU 4 Driver, 5 Driver new Hybrid earphone presentation on 2015 the 22nd Beijing International Hi-Fi Exhibition
Apr 10, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #616 of 692
Sorry - been snowed with work.  Easter I get 5 days off - so hoping that is my catch up time!

do share a bit on the sound itself, or that plus a graph! being on head fi is painful! lol

Apr 11, 2017 at 4:39 AM Post #617 of 692
Usual disclaimers about my measuring equipment

I love it.  Great balance, enough bass to sound natural, and fantastic extension at both ends. Would definitely make my top 5 IEM experiences of all time.  Paired with FiiO X5iii, its simply wonderful.

Apr 11, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #619 of 692
Thanks! Looks interesting, but difficult to judge by the graph alone. Hope I can find an opportunity to listen to it

Well I can do a comparative graph to another IEM if you want.  might have more meaning that way for you.  Give me a few options and I'll see what I can do.

Apr 11, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #620 of 692
Well I can do a comparative graph to another IEM if you want.  might have more meaning that way for you.  Give me a few options and I'll see what I can do.

I'm kinda holding out for 4001 but if it's not any trouble q-jays and 2000J would be interesting to see along with whatever @A**pirin requests.

Apr 11, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #621 of 692

Thanks for the offer! I have a pretty good sense of how they should sound by seeing the graph. And also, frequency response isn't everything! So... Well, I don't own much stuff and I'm not going to purchase any more soon. It's just curiosity on my part, how they perform. But for the sake of informing the interested public, I think a comparative graph with another popular hybrid should be interesting! Maybe LZ A4, FLC8S and the likes​ :)

Apr 11, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #622 of 692
I can only tease him in saying that Dunu does justice to metal. detailed and super fast! haven't heard the dn2002 though.

Apr 11, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #623 of 692
My little summary of the DK-3001:

So, if we consider all of the above, does the sum of that equal $500?
Well, if the DK-3001 was a car, it would be the Nissan GT-R R35. Now, anyone who is even remotely interested in cars would know exactly what this means.
Back in 2007 when Nissan launched the R35, it caused quite a stir. It was the product of engineering witchcraft of mythical proportions, at a price-point which suggested mathematical improbability. Not only could it hang with, but in many cases utterly decimate many German and Italian thoroughbred supercars. What it was, was “the poor man’s supercar”.
Design-wise the DK-3001 may not have quite the same aesthetic appeal as exotic custom IEMs, but it’s incredibly difficult to fault its sonic performance.
The $500 price-tag of the DK-3001 certainly isn’t cheap, especially if we consider that items such as the iFi Micro iDSD BL, Chord Mojo, or even Fiio’s X5iii and X7 can be found for the same price (or cheaper). However, the sheer level of sonic capability of this IEM is still something to be truly admired.
As such, is it possible for us to even imagine another set of IEMs which can exceed the DK-3001’s technical performance? Perhaps – but at what cost? 

Apr 12, 2017 at 3:00 AM Post #627 of 692

Perhaps a bit overkill but maybe you can overlay your Andromeda graph over the DK3001?

No probs - thought someone might want that 
wink.gif

Apr 14, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #629 of 692
Hi guys

I have a cable (nothing fancy) but the mmcx connectors don't fit into the DN-2002.
What I want to know is if I get these ends will it be easy enough to replace the old ones with them?  I mean it looks "easy" enough.

I don't really know much on electrical work, so I guess my query is with regards to wiring.  From what I can see with how the cable is currently wired: the wires are connected to the middle pin and then one of the side pins.  The other side pin looks like nothing is connected.  Can I just use any "side" then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back