Dubstep Headphones
Aug 12, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #61 of 70
Though I'm new to headphones over 40 bucks and new to dubstep. I can second the Denon AH-D1100. Bass sounds great without being muddy. However if i'm listening to some rock, I lower it a bit through my EQ as it's just a little too much.

Aug 12, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #62 of 70
I listen to a lot of dubstep and electronic music.  The UE TF10 are not uncomfortable at all nor do they have too much bass.  The amount of bass they have is perfect for dubstep and they respond well to EQ.  Just make sure you find the right tips and you will not have an issue with comfort.  I can wear them for hours with no problems at all.  

Aug 12, 2011 at 1:37 AM Post #63 of 70
Of the headphones I've heard some good ones in your price range were:
Denon AH-D1100
Ultrasone HFI-580 (My number one pick)
Monster Turbine

Aug 12, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #64 of 70

Quote:
Of the headphones I've heard some good ones in your price range were:
Denon AH-D1100
Ultrasone HFI-580 (My number one pick)
Monster Turbine

The 2 headphones Im going to get is the HFI 580 and the Atrio MG7's

May 8, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #65 of 70
Sorry to dust the ashes off an old thread but I assume you guys see the same every day and would prefer this over seeing a new one...
anyhow...

I am looking for over ear around $40 for the same purpose and a second set of IEMS for like jogging, walking or whatever near the same price something if they do get lost or whatever it isn't a big deal... then an upgrade set around 200-300... I know I am a little all over the place here and I apologies but I have recently lost my job and trying to come up with a few things while I can yet keep the future in mind… the time I spent reading reviews and all on other sets could have easily amounted into near a weeks’ worth of pay :frowning2: Took until now to realize that I doubt the others will cut it thought as I am a basshead ! may just see if I can find a deal on the Sony XB500s but eh… p.s. nice mix bro and thanks… (now onto my countless other tabs GRRR)

May 8, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #66 of 70
I would go for a used pair of AKG 240's even new they're only about $100.00. I've written a few dubstep tracks and that's what I've used. Nice tight bass.

I just can't see how IEMs work for that genre (or any actually) ... I jam them into my ears and it pushes the wax in and hurts and my tinnitus gets worse
smily_headphones1.gif

For jogging I would just pay attention to the traffic or listen to the birds. YMMV.

Oct 5, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #68 of 70
Sony MDR-XB700 If you just want a bass cannon, which I suspect most new age "brostep" listeners would want. Used Ultrasone 900 (if you're lucky to find it for 250-300) which is a refined bass cannon and Denon 2000 which is a refined bass headphone. I personally think Denon 2000's are the best all around EDM headphone, from techno, to DnB to dubstep and everything in between.    

Nov 18, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #69 of 70
Alright I know this is an old thread, but i have an IMPORTANT question. I listen to dubstep as well, along with techno, house, trance, other electronic. I LOVE bass. I would definately consider myself a basshead. But I need your guys opinion on my next headphone buy. Right now I use Sony MDR-XB700 amped with a Fiio e6 and I love the sound. Something similar or with that kind of feel and power would be awesome. My price range is around $150. I've been thinking about Audio Technica ATH-M50, Beyerdynamic DT770 pro, and V-Moda Crossfad LP. Which of these would work well with my amp and prefered genres? Also if you have other opinions they would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back