Dubstep Headphones
Aug 4, 2011 at 10:52 PM Post #31 of 70

i like alot of skrillex tracks but the same sounds are getting old. I think he has 2-3 sounds he uses in all his tracks. he needs a haircut to, his sets look like a pain in the ass flicking his hair all the time.
Quote:

so u don't like the new heavy dubstep?

(Datsik, Excision, Skrillex, Skism, Flux, etc)

Aug 4, 2011 at 10:57 PM Post #32 of 70
for the heavier stuff i really enjoyed Ganja White Night

Aug 4, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #34 of 70

Quote:
That's not true. Grados can sound very good with electronic music as well. For the type of dubstep you like though, they might not be the ideal choice. I think Grados can actually sound very good with more slow paced and ambient electronic music but lack the bass depth for dubstep that goes down to the really low frequencies. Even then I would not call them bad, just that there are other headphones better suited for the genre. I'll throw my vote in for Ultrasone. Or you might also want to consider the Sony XB series. The Denon D2000, 5000, 7000 series are also good choices but probably out of your budget.

Nice taste in dubstep by the way, I prefer the older stuff a lot more as well. I'm not sure what happened to Skream, I loved his early stuff but I listened to the Magneticman album the other day and I realized it might be time for me to move on from the genre.

No you dont need to move on from the genre the old artists still make tunes.

Aug 4, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #35 of 70
Aug 4, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #36 of 70

Quote:
Throwing a song at me isn't telling me what you want the headphone to sound like though.

Dubstep is mainly heavy bass if that helps? clean mids, clear highs not harsh

Aug 4, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #38 of 70

Quote:
i like alot of skrillex tracks but the same sounds are getting old. I think he has 2-3 sounds he uses in all his tracks. he needs a haircut to, his sets look like a pain in the ass flicking his hair all the time.

Skrillex cant even mix he is sooooo fake

Aug 4, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #40 of 70
Aug 4, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #43 of 70

Quote:
I guess I havent been to a club night in a long time but whats with the moshing to dubstep? I like alot of evol intent/bro safari stuff. Mainly since I hung out with nick alot in college and was around when he was just a dj in the 5am slot.

TBH the whole moshing over dubstep is pretty stupid IMO I thought that was designed for heavy metal.

Aug 4, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #44 of 70
Just made a thread about the exact same thing earlier. 
rolleyes.gif

Aug 4, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #45 of 70

Quote:
Dubstep is mainly heavy bass if that helps? clean mids, clear highs not harsh

Ok, so I'm assuming that's what you want it to be.  I was trying to get the point through, because different people want different sound in their headphones, even if it's a genre like dubstep-- which schwallman already exemplified.

Ultrasone does sound like your best bet, followed by Denon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back