Dubai Head-Fi Meet 8th May 2015
May 4, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #17 of 64
Just read properly. So it's didn't have a dealer in uae

Yes, indeed. Now they have a distributor and iStyle and Virgin will carry RHA products.

You can audition the MA750 and T10 during the meet!

Cheers,
K

May 4, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #18 of 64
IMPORTANT:

Rules - are important to ensure we all have a great time. The only goal we want to achieve is that everyone has a great time!

So @punit was so kind to compile a best-of rules we all will abide during the meet:

Dubai Headphonians/Head-Fiers MEET RULES and ADVICE:

1. You should bring an extension cord or power board if you can (along with other cables necessary for your setup)
  2. Move carefully around - Be on the watch out for power cords and headphone cable on the floor and tables, you can easily knock over equipment, or hurt yourself
  3. Please restrict consumption of food or drinks to the designated place ONLY and place all rubbish in the plastic bags provided. PLEASE use basic hygiene - wash your hands before touching equipment - restrooms are just outside the meeting room.
  4. No wet hair, or put anything in their hair at all (e.g. wax, gel, mousse etc) Also, clean in and around your ears. Nobody wants their cans covered with earwax. Sanitizer wipes will be provided, please ensure that all iems are wiped clean after use. Also for the owners of equipment - please make sure everything is nice and clean before letting other people try your equipment.
  5. You must wear the name tag at all times. - This will a self-service station with a name tag and lanyard - just write your first name and (if applicable) head-fi handle on the provided card and wear it.
  6. Bring whatever gear you want. If you don't have any, that's OK. Just bring your ears.
  7. Advice: Carry a note pad to write down your impressions of each equipment. You will hear a lot of gear, so will be confused later on when you try to recollect what each one sounded like. Human memory is not so reliable, especially when it comes to sound.
  8. Please post on the impressions thread afterwards so that people who could not attend can share your experience.
  9. Don’t be a gear hog, do not spend more than 15-20 mins on one item. This of course depends on the number of people at the meet.
  10. Treat all gear with the utmost respect. Respect other member`s properties, ask before you pull a phone out of a plug – some amps if they are not powered down before inserting or pulling out a jack have the potential to blow. Again be very careful.
  11. Ask if you're not sure how to operate any gear, or you're just curious about the system setup. Some gear requires headphones to be plugged in at all times, some gear doesn't like it when you unplug headphones unless the volume is turned all the way around. Don't just assume that everything works the same way.
  12. Do not place headphones on top of other gear--if you're not sure where to put it, ask the owner.
  13. Do not remove any gear from a setup without the owner's permission.
  14. Do not remove any cables or make any other changes to the setup without the owner's permission.
  15. If you do take gear away from a table, or borrow cables, adapters, or power strips, try to remember where you got it from, and bring it back when you're done. In all the excitement, it's easy to forget where you got that 1/4" to 3.5mm headphone adapter. (If you carry a note pad as mentioned above then you can note down who took what).
  16. Please always remember to lower the volume after you finish for the next person. He may not listen as loud as you.
  17. Please do not talk loudly as it will disturb the people who are using open HP’s. Talk as if you are in a library.
  18. If you have any questions about gear, look for the owner and ask. Or just ask whoever is listening (after they're done). Everyone is very friendly and will be glad to answer you.
  19. Most of all enjoy yourself & take the opportunity to hear gear you normally wouldn't get a chance to, or are thinking of buying.

May 4, 2015 at 2:22 AM Post #19 of 64
Updated first post with Rules and Pictures of the meeting room.

Cheers,
Ralf

May 4, 2015 at 3:58 AM Post #20 of 64
Everything looks great and looking forward to the meet. Everyone should also bring any equipment they want to sell or trade. There will a lot of similar minds there who would be interested in your items.

May 5, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #21 of 64
  Everything looks great and looking forward to the meet. Everyone should also bring any equipment they want to sell or trade. There will a lot of similar minds there who would be interested in your items.

Yes indeed. But please understand that the community rules require this to be a non-commercial event - so any sales are strictly private :wink:

Am also really looking forward to Friday - it will be a lot of fun - we have some amazing gear lined up to audition - please make sure you also register at meetup.com - there seems to be quite some interest form non-headfiers.

And tell your friends and colleagues and anyone who might be interested.

Cheers,
Ralf

May 5, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #22 of 64
Just after I sell most of my gear, you guys are having a meet...
I've still got some vintage stuff and will try to swing by...
Its been a long time since I last met you, Ralf.
Looking forward to seeing you again, Punit

May 5, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #23 of 64

Hey,

glad to hear from you and even better to see you soon again. It has been far too long indeed.

It would be awesome if you can make it.

Cheers,
Ralf

May 5, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #24 of 64

Good to hear from you, will be great to meet up 
beerchug.gif

May 5, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #25 of 64
wow this would be exciting. i'll bring my friend with me although we don't have those TOTL gears in our arsenal i am excited to see fello headfi and gears to audition. i could bring my mid-end tier gears if it's ok? WooAudio WA6 and CA DAC Magic+ along with PS500 Q701 and Fidelio X1 entry level hp. but if you guys have much better tubey and hp's i guess ill just bring along myself and my IEM to audition.

May 6, 2015 at 1:57 AM Post #26 of 64
  wow this would be exciting. i'll bring my friend with me although we don't have those TOTL gears in our arsenal i am excited to see fello headfi and gears to audition. i could bring my mid-end tier gears if it's ok? WooAudio WA6 and CA DAC Magic+ along with PS500 Q701 and Fidelio X1 entry level hp. but if you guys have much better tubey and hp's i guess ill just bring along myself and my IEM to audition.

Hi @Olanzky and welcome, please come!

Any type of gear is welcome and it's not about better or more expensive. I am for example a huge fan of budget-fi I will have some Soundsol S-018, KZ EDSE, KZ ED09, Superlux HD 681 EVO and other really low priced headphones for audition as well. A lot of people might want to check out headphones in any price ranges.

Since this is an event for everyone, young or old so budgets are naturally different. And you have some extremely nice gear - please do bring along your stuff. It's always interesting to listen to different amps with your own headphones for example. The Q701 can sound very different depending on the amp, you might be in for some surprises - and I would love to listen to this one again as well (I sold mine some time ago). I heard the X1 for the first time just recently and find it really a fantastic value for money or rather sound for pound - headphone. I have the L1 which I will bring as well.

Example: On our last meet I bought my HE-400 - and heard it for the first time driven by @lukeap69 Ragnarok - I had no idea that headphone can sound so good. So it re-ignted my happiness with that headphone. You can walk away from a meet happier about the gear you have than before - or end up selling it all to fund the thing you liked more :wink:

Maybe in one of the next meets we can do a fun competition, like trying to assemble the most audiophile setup with a $100 budget etc.that would be a nice challenge...

Cheers,
Ralf

May 6, 2015 at 1:57 AM Post #27 of 64

Please do bring all your gear, WA6 is a good amp, I am sure there will be people who want to try it.

May 6, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #28 of 64
  Please do bring all your gear, WA6 is a good amp, I am sure there will be people who want to try it.

+1 I would love to hear my HD650 on this beauty.

May 6, 2015 at 2:04 AM Post #29 of 64
Ralf, Punit

I am not happy to say this but I may not be able to attend the meet this time. My design team is in the Philippines and they have a big submission on Friday, hence I am needed to support them. If I there will be opportunity to escape, I will pop up. I hope you guys enjoy the meet!

May 6, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #30 of 64
Ralf, Punit

I am not happy to say this but I may not be able to attend the meet this time. My design team is in the Philippines and they have a big submission on Friday, hence I am needed to support them. If I there will be opportunity to escape, I will pop up. I hope you guys enjoy the meet!

How are we supposed to survive without your cool descriptions of the sound of headphones? 

Hope you can pop in for a while! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back