Dubai Head-Fi Meet 8th May 2015
Apr 29, 2015 at 4:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 64

Koolpep

Headphoneus Supremus
Ladies & Gentlemen,

Here we go!!!

Our first public meet will take place in Dubai in two weeks!!

Meeting will take place: Friday 8th May2pm-5pm (with option to go extend 8pm) - please put it in your diaries...
People with lots of gear are encouraged to arrive earlier to set up things before time. 

For our Muslim attendees I would recommend visiting the Greens Mosque for Friday's prayers - that way you are only a short walk away from the meet and can also be there on time.

Venue:
Golf Tower 2, Multi Function Room 2 (Level 2) in the Greens/The Views.
Closest Metro station Dubai Internet City (a 10 minute walk away).

Any questions: 050-2823032 (Whatsapp, iMessage, BBM: 54B523C9

There is parking available around the venue, parking meters are not active on Fridays. Parking directly at the Golf Towers is very limited but you can drive up to the loading bay with your car to unload things. Parking is though available a short 2-3 minute walk away. We do have a trolley there to ensure quick in and out. 

Please confirm again here in this thread your attendance, and let us know if you bring friends. 

@lukeap69
@UnnownPlan
@punit
@Adamora
@Feel-Like-Ninja
@Jozurr
@obesecatfish
@agooh
@Mazen4samma3a
@noblemff
@soundpurist
@Raziel666
@zniper2984
@Shini44
@journey2nirvana
@Zen1th
@montanari

Please also join our MEETUP.COM group so I can be in direct email contact with you via that group!

short: http://meetu.ps/2J63Nm
long: http://www.meetup.com/Dubai-Audiophile-Headphone-Meetup/

I will update this post with the meet rules and more details as we go along.

Hoping to see many of headfiers there!! 

IMPORTANT:

Rules - are important to ensure we all have a great time. The only goal we want to achieve is that everyone has a great time!

So @punit was so kind to compile a best-of rules we all will abide during the meet:

Dubai Headphonians/Head-Fiers MEET RULES and ADVICE:

1. You should bring an extension cord or power board if you can (along with other cables necessary for your setup)
  2. Move carefully around - Be on the watch out for power cords and headphone cable on the floor and tables, you can easily knock over equipment, or hurt yourself
  3. Please restrict consumption of food or drinks to the designated place ONLY and place all rubbish in the plastic bags provided. PLEASE use basic hygiene - wash your hands before touching equipment - restrooms are just outside the meeting room.
  4. No wet hair, or put anything in their hair at all (e.g. wax, gel, mousse etc) Also, clean in and around your ears. Nobody wants their cans covered with earwax. Sanitizer wipes will be provided, please ensure that all iems are wiped clean after use. Also for the owners of equipment - please make sure everything is nice and clean before letting other people try your equipment.
  5. You must wear the name tag at all times. - This will a self-service station with a name tag and lanyard - just write your first name and (if applicable) head-fi handle on the provided card and wear it.
  6. Bring whatever gear you want. If you don't have any, that's OK. Just bring your ears.
  7. AdviceCarry a note pad to write down your impressions of each equipment. You will hear a lot of gear, so will be confused later on when you try to recollect what each one sounded like. Human memory is not so reliable, especially when it comes to sound.
  8. Please post on the impressions thread afterwards so that people who could not attend can share your experience.
  9. Don’t be a gear hog, do not spend more than 15-20 mins on one item. This of course depends on the number of people at the meet.
  10. Treat all gear with the utmost respect. Respect other member`s properties, ask before you pull a phone out of a plug – some amps if they are not powered down before inserting or pulling out a jack have the potential to blow. Again be very careful.
  11. Ask if you're not sure how to operate any gear, or you're just curious about the system setup. Some gear requires headphones to be plugged in at all times, some gear doesn't like it when you unplug headphones unless the volume is turned all the way around. Don't just assume that everything works the same way.
  12. Do not place headphones on top of other gear--if you're not sure where to put it, ask the owner.
  13. Do not remove any gear from a setup without the owner's permission.
  14. Do not remove any cables or make any other changes to the setup without the owner's permission.
  15. If you do take gear away from a table, or borrow cables, adapters, or power strips, try to remember where you got it from, and bring it back when you're done. In all the excitement, it's easy to forget where you got that 1/4" to 3.5mm headphone adapter. (If you carry a note pad as mentioned above then you can note down who took what).
  16. Please always remember to lower the volume after you finish for the next person. He may not listen as loud as you.
  17. Please do not talk loudly as it will disturb the people who are using open HP’s. Talk as if you are in a library.
  18. If you have any questions about gear, look for the owner and ask. Or just ask whoever is listening (after they're done). Everyone is very friendly and will be glad to answer you.
  19. Most of all enjoy yourself & take the opportunity to hear gear you normally wouldn't get a chance to, or are thinking of buying.

The meeting room:

Capacity - 40 person max.

Cheers,
Ralf/Koolpep

Apr 29, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #4 of 64
  I'll be coming with a couple of friends at least 

Coool!! That's awesome.

That will ensure already enough gear to try for many hours. 

Apr 29, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #5 of 64
Goodluck on the meet,sadly i cant attend as i'm going back to my home country for holidays on the 3rd of may.

Thanks and what a pity you can't come.

Cheers,
Ralf

Apr 30, 2015 at 3:42 AM Post #8 of 64
In for the meetup and looking forward to it!

May 1, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #9 of 64
ok
i convinced my wife and we will come to Dubai next week end!
she also very appasionate of music so we will come both. is it ok?

I will bring my lcd3F, chord hugo and concero HD, and i would like to listen some suitable amps because i have still to replace my ex-conductor
I also would like to give a try to the jvc750/850 or some other in-ear

i can also bring some mid-fi gear (sennheiser momentum, amperior, grado sr125, earsonics sm3V2-this is really impressive,  and hisound studio V and V anniverary
are you guys interested? otherwise i leave the momentum and the grado at home

May 1, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #10 of 64
ok
i convinced my wife and we will come to Dubai next week end!
she also very appasionate of music so we will come both. is it ok?

I will bring my lcd3F, chord hugo and concero HD, and i would like to listen some suitable amps because i have still to replace my ex-conductor
I also would like to give a try to the jvc750/850 or some other in-ear

i can also bring some mid-fi gear (sennheiser momentum, amperior, grado sr125, earsonics sm3V2-this is really impressive,  and hisound studio V and V anniverary
are you guys interested? otherwise i leave the momentum and the grado at home

Ok, awesome, looking forward to the LCD3f and especially to the chord Hugo - amazing stuff.

I will have the Momentum, Amperior, HD 25-1 and JVC HA-FX850 here, so no need to carry them along.

Other than that, please bring as much as you can carry without getting in trouble with your wife :wink:

Cheers,
Ralf

EDIT: and the more the merrier, please spread the word, everyone is invited.

May 1, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #11 of 64
Ok, awesome, looking forward to the LCD3f and especially to the chord Hugo - amazing stuff.

I will have the Momentum, Amperior, HD 25-1 and JVC HA-FX850 here, so no need to carry them along.

Other than that, please bring as much as you can carry without getting in trouble with your wife :wink:

Cheers,
Ralf

EDIT: and the more the merrier, please spread the word, everyone is invited.

thanks!
i noticed from your profile that you have a Gustard H10
it is one of the amps that i would like to try with the lcd3, for the power that it deliver on 110 ohm , and because is pretty cheap
do you think it will be possible for me to demo it?

May 2, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #12 of 64
thanks!
i noticed from your profile that you have a Gustard H10
it is one of the amps that i would like to try with the lcd3, for the power that it deliver on 110 ohm , and because is pretty cheap
do you think it will be possible for me to demo it?

Of course. The H10 will be there.

Cheers,
Ralf

May 3, 2015 at 5:37 AM Post #14 of 64
  Confirmed.

Amazing!!

Looking forward seeing you again @punit !!

By the way as mentioned in the Dubai Audiophile thread: 

RHA (www.rha-audio.com) has send 2 earphones for us to audition. The RHA 750 and the RHA T10 - as they recently signed a distributor for our region iStyle and Virgin are carrying their products soon.

Seems we have some amazing gear to show - so please let everyone know - it's going to be a great meet.

Cheers,
Ralf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back