DT990 Pros COMFORT vs HD595 COMFORT
May 4, 2012 at 9:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

pevsfreedom

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all,

I just got the DT990 Pros and have a couple of issues with them.

They squeeze my head a bit. And they get my ear super hot. Would these symptoms be the same with the HD595's or are they more comfortable? Hows the sound compare?

edit : I hope this isn't a dumb question with everybody's opinion is different and all that :) I bought these because the Grados I own hurt my ears too much and I wanted something stupid-comfortable and relatively similar sounding. The DT990s sound great but the comfort isn't quite what I expected.

May 4, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #3 of 6
Played with both. Built of DT-990 Pro is much sturdier than HD595, and clamping force would be a bit stronger at first. Try letting it clamps at a stack of books to loosen up the metal headband a bit, it would improve.

Temp issue - both are open type and I can hardly distinguish the heat built up at all.

May 4, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #4 of 6
Great replies! How many books you reckon? A huge stretch to adjust clamping force or just slightly bigger then my head (amount of books?) Hope that made sense. Thanks. Right now I have it about 2" bigger then my head. (amount of books being used)

May 5, 2012 at 4:46 AM Post #6 of 6
Everyone's head is different, just find the number of books to your liking. Alternatively, people clamp headphones on all sort of things - speakers, couch, candy boxes, tissue boxes... and yes I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back