DT990 Pro Impressions Thread
Sep 8, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #767 of 1,091
  That's weird, I have the DT990 pro as well and the only complaint regarding comfort is that now it still is too hot to use them for long periods of time. Never had the issue of pain on top of the head. 

Have you tried stretching the headband? 

I have, but don't want to overdo it, because I don't want it to sit too loose around my ears. I found it weird also, but I will experiment a little more. The shop I bought it from will accept returns after max. 60 days: which is plenty of time to fiddle with the thing. Also the headband is smooth, the one on my sennheiser is a bit grippy, that could explain the difference between the ''staying put" or not. I don't have any issues with it being too hot yet, but then again I haven't kept it on my head for say 4 hours straight
tongue.gif

-update-
I started listening music with them tonight, but after a short while I felt that weird uncomfy feeling returning :frowning2:
A shame, but it's still a great set of headphones, just not for my weird head
biggrin.gif

Sep 10, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #768 of 1,091
Why does a LOT of songs straight up sound so bad through these headphonrheadphone? I listen to mainstream pop and electronic music. On my hd650s, they sound way more tolerable and Also just as detalled. On very good mainstream tracks, the dt990 is wonderful, but 90% of the music out there is badly mastered.

Sep 10, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #770 of 1,091
Why does a LOT of songs straight up sound so bad through these headphonrheadphone? I listen to mainstream pop and electronic music. On my hd650s, they sound way more tolerable and Also just as detalled. On very good mainstream tracks, the dt990 is wonderful, but 90% of the music out there is badly mastered.

I think your last sentence answered your first sentence.

Mine took a while for the highs to settle down.  That, or that's when I started amplifying them better.  Though I still wouldn't like them as much as I do if I didn't eq them.

Sep 12, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #771 of 1,091

I think your last sentence answered your first sentence.

Mine took a while for the highs to settle down.  That, or that's when I started amplifying them better.  Though I still wouldn't like them as much as I do if I didn't eq them.

Totally agree with this. With a good amplification and good recording. This headphone shines. My experience of using the 600 Ohm version with an iFi Micro iUSB/iDSD/iCan stack, playing good hi-res source from HDTracks, is wonderful.

Sep 19, 2015 at 2:04 AM Post #772 of 1,091
Why does listening to high quality, high bitrate like 320 kbs songs on spotify sound more thin and more sibliant and less balanced than the same song, but lower quality on youtube?

Listening to this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X8PZRqSl0A on  youtube sounds like im listening to the sennheiser 650, more coherent, more punch and more balanced, but of course lower quality, but it's a compromise.

Oct 8, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #773 of 1,091
Why does listening to high quality, high bitrate like 320 kbs songs on spotify sound more thin and more sibliant and less balanced than the same song, but lower quality on youtube?

Listening to this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X8PZRqSl0A on  youtube sounds like im listening to the sennheiser 650, more coherent, more punch and more balanced, but of course lower quality, but it's a compromise.

Probably because of the treble roll-off on Youtube. 

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #774 of 1,091
Hello all,

I am looking for a new pair of headphones, and I was recommended these.  Can people let me know if this will fit my needs here http://www.head-fi.org/t/785486/looking-for-a-great-pair-headphones-for-fast-music-details-inside   ????

Thanks for any advice, but I'm basically looking for a good pair of headphones, with a great soundstage, a more "V-Shaped" headphone, but not heavy/bloated bass, and not too much piercing treble, but enough to brighten/liven up the music.  I also, more importantly, need a pair that does well with "fast" music, and "chaotic" music, one user used the word "frenetic" to describe my music. :).

Thanks all!

Oct 27, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #775 of 1,091
  Hello all,

I am looking for a new pair of headphones, and I was recommended these.  Can people let me know if this will fit my needs here http://www.head-fi.org/t/785486/looking-for-a-great-pair-headphones-for-fast-music-details-inside   ????

Thanks for any advice, but I'm basically looking for a good pair of headphones, with a great soundstage, a more "V-Shaped" headphone, but not heavy/bloated bass, and not too much piercing treble, but enough to brighten/liven up the music.  I also, more importantly, need a pair that does well with "fast" music, and "chaotic" music, one user used the word "frenetic" to describe my music. :).

Thanks all!

Closed or open? Listened a little bit to your music, or to be more honest tried to listen to it 
biggrin.gif
 If you are listening alone, better open, if there are people around you, they would probably appreciate more closed cans.

Oct 27, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #776 of 1,091
  Hello all,

Thanks all!

I had DT990 Pro and i think you will like them

Oct 27, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #777 of 1,091
I realized I might not be looing for a V-Shaped headphone, but that's what my music seems to be.  Someone said they "beg for mids."

Quote:
  Closed or open? Listened a little bit to your music, or to be more honest tried to listen to it 
biggrin.gif
 If you are listening alone, better open, if there are people around you, they would probably appreciate more closed cans.

Doesn't matter, I'll be at home...

Did you not like the music :frowning2:.

I had DT990 Pro and i think you will like them

Oct 27, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #778 of 1,091
Why does beyerdynamic classify the dt990 as a critical listening headphone? Wouldnt the dt880 be a better choice? What you hear through these headphones is completely off IMO in that regard.

Dont get me wrong, if you want the beyer sound signature in the DTxxx line, IMO the dt990 is the highest fidelity of the 3 because of the driver being least constricted, but also at a cost of being the harshest with modern recordings. 

Oct 27, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #779 of 1,091
Why does beyerdynamic classify the dt990 as a critical listening headphone? Wouldnt the dt880 be a better choice? What you hear through these headphones is completely off IMO in that regard.

Dont get me wrong, if you want the beyer sound signature in the DTxxx line, IMO the dt990 is the highest fidelity of the 3 because of the driver being least constricted, but also at a cost of being the harshest with modern recordings. 
So, you can't understand why that DT990s are referred to as good for critical listening yet you proclaim them to have the most fidelity out of all three models?? Sorry, I'm not understanding that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back