dt990 finiky cable
May 26, 2013 at 6:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ZeNmAc

100+ Head-Fier
In the past few weeks I've been noticing that my dt990's (pro) randomly switch to mono.  When I adjust the cable where it connects to the headphones it will switch back to stereo.  I just got them a few months back and I'd rather not send them back.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Seems like an odd problem, its not that one side turns off, both sides play the exact same thing.

May 31, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #2 of 3
Seems to me that the ground is either loose inside the headphone or the jack-plug has an issue.  See if removing the adapter solves the problem?  It may also be that the plug does not  fully insert into whatever device you are using and thus sometimes has the ground while other times does not.

Jun 3, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #3 of 3
I took off the center pad and then replaced it. That seemed to have helped a little, but it still goes to mono if I turn my head too far to the left. I may just send them back while they are still under warrenty. The earcups didn't look very easy to get into.

*edit* For future reference, the earcups are actually really easy to get into, in fact I almost had them apart before, I just didn't know it :p. I just opened the left earcup and put it back together. It looked like a cable may have been loose or something. They've been working with no problems for a week or so now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back