DT880 600ohm vs T70?
Feb 27, 2012 at 7:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

SwiftFoX

New Head-Fier
Basically, I've been digging a huge research mine in my own head over the past month or so. Just two days ago I was sold on the DT880 600ohm, and Asus STX combo (best for my needs atm)

I've started to look for where to buy them, but a local store has offered me a very good deal on the T70's.. problem is, I'm not really sure about the T70's. It's very hard to get the DT880's where I live, and it'll cost a lot more than something local (importation tax here is 25%).

I've looked at some T70 threads, but nothing that compares the DT880 to the T70. What's better, is there a lot of difference in soundstage and what not? I chose the DT880's because they're more neutral and 'true' sounding - I'll be using them for vocals/gaming/music/movies. If anyone has some insight, please help, I'm close to purchasing one or the other, but this T70 deal has cropped my interest.

Thanks!

Feb 28, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

How do you know?

The STX can output up to 80 mW into 600 Ohms at high gain, and it has quite low distortion with high impedance loads. Why would it not work ? I have the 250 Ohm version, and it sounds fine even with a fraction of that power. Not to mention the DT770/880/990 drivers cannot even handle much power without audibly high distortion anyway. Can you objectively prove why the card would be insufficient for the DT880-600, but not the T70 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back