DT770 pro(80ohm) vs Ultrasone 750 PRO vs Ultrasone HFI 780's + astro mixamp
Feb 16, 2013 at 9:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Nimitz87

New Head-Fier
OK I plan on using these mainly for listening to music on my PC and gaming on my xbox 360, I also have already purchased a 2013 Astro mix-amp for gaming and live streaming while using any of these headphones.

from what I have read it seems the 750 pros's have a tighter/cleaner bass than the 780's but less quantity, but have the removable cable (which I like) and the better velour pads.

I listen mainly to EDM, trance, chill step , dub step, etc. but listen to everything from Lana Del Rey, Nightwish, Epica, to country and led zeppelin.

I know the ultrasones excel in the genres mentioned, how do the DT770's do? and will I need/want an amp besides the astro mix-amp?

also comfort is a huge concern, as I'll be wearing these easily for 6+ hours a day, I wear glasses and have a shaved head if that makes any difference lol.

this is my first foray into closed headphones I have a few pair of IEM's that I like.

I started off with klipsch s4's then moved to Monster Gold Turbine Pros, if I could get something very similar sound signature wise to the MGTP's I'd be in heaven.

My budget is pretty firm @ $200, if there is another pair of headphone's I've over looked feel free to mention them please!.

thanks in advance for the help

edit: I have a feeling that the DT770's are the better "overall" sound, but the ultasones excel in the EDM/electric stuff?

Chad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back