DT770 - 80 ohm or 250?
Jan 23, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #21 of 26
Guys, just wanted to say thanks for the input. I'm pretty certain I'm gonna go for the COPS when I get the funds.

Thought of a few things I might try (get a spare plate and attach a Bluetooth receiver to it to use occasionally etc), and to be fair, they've gotta be an improvement on what I've got! And I'll be careful with the amp :)

Of course, I'll probably change my mind fifteen times before I actually bite the bullet, but hey ho.

Cheers!

Jan 24, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #24 of 26
Quote:
Just out of curiosity where do you find the Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80) for $80?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GEMINI-HSR-1000-DJ-Studio-Referencing-Professional-Monitoring-Headphones-BNIB-/281034186725?pt=US_DJ_Monitoring_Headphones&hash=item416ef15fe5

You can also try Tigerdirect and Thunder Audio Video.

Jan 30, 2013 at 7:19 AM Post #25 of 26
Morning chaps.

Well, I went ahead and ordered the COP's and they arrived a day or so ago. Haven't had an enormous amount of time with them, but so far overall I like them. They're very comfortable (although I am considering the velour pads for reasons of sweatiness).

I've done a basic EQ and will devote more time to it when I can, but I'm getting some pleasing results so far. The bass ports are actually more useful than I thought - very good for adding a bit of fun to certain tracks on the fly.

Thanks to you guys for making me aware of them and all that jazz!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back