DT770 (250Ω) Amp...???
Mar 21, 2008 at 3:21 AM Post #46 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by voxdei_aer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, I think I need to go with a desktop amp if I'm so adament about these 250ohm monsters. Besides, I don't think I will be wearing these massive things out in public that much hahaha.

Desktop amps...arrrgh! These things get pricey! I don't think I want a tube amp, as I'm going to move a lot (college student) and so for my purposes, I think a solid state amp would work best. Do you have any recommendations for me to get started? Thanks man.

For what it is worth, I got a Little Dot MkIII arrive today. It really does make the dt770 250 (2005) that I have sound much.. stronger/fuller and the bass has a lot more punch than with the portable. Definatly a better sound than I got out of my portable amp. The portable definatly works well, but the tube amp blows it away!

Apr 8, 2008 at 7:07 PM Post #49 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by imp0ssibled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is the GoVibe Petite dac/amp able to work well with the dt770 250ohms?

There have been a couple of posts on the Jaben forums indicating that the petite won't drive 250 ohm Beyer's to their *full* potential. The same statement likely applies to all portables.

It's a question of degrees. Absent external amplification, my DT 880's sound better through my CDP/stereo amplifier than they do on FLAC's through my X-fi, and better through my X-fi than they do through my ipod. But even straight out of the ipod, they are a huge step up in sq from my old ER-6i's.

Will Beyer's benefit from a portable amp? Almost certainly they will - but for the same value, they will likely benefit more from a desktop alternative.

Apr 12, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #52 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by GiR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think they are great to be honest. I have let a few people listen to them at work and they always say 'damn, thats some bass'. So yeah, the bass is good
biggrin.gif
- As for treble, dunno if it is the finest point but its definatly not let down.

If you like bass then you will like them, I'm sure
smily_headphones1.gif

LEt us know how you find them!

I heard the 250 ohm version cleans up the bass a bit, & sounds cleaner.. At headphonereviews.com the 250 ohm version has a combined score of 7.. The 80 ohm has a score of 6.4..Just got mine for 125.00 shipped. New. My first closed headphone. Hope I likey

Apr 12, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #53 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by voxdei_aer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This review here: http://www.onheadphones.com/product-...amplifier.html says it will handle the HD650. I assume it'll handle the DT770
wink.gif

I just wonder if the D2 will sufficently handle these cans??? Oh! So confused!

Not necessarily. I find my beyers harder to drive them my 650's.. It's not just the ohms but the sensitivity level of the headphone. Remember, the K1000 are only 120 ohms..

Apr 15, 2008 at 1:54 AM Post #54 of 55
i currently have the dt 770 (250 ohm) thanks to a lot of people on here including kool bubba ice. I am pretty happy with them, and the bass is amazing! I am kind of in a similar situation as topic author. I am looking for an amp/dac and so far I have seen the Practical Devices XM5 and the iBasso D1...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back