DT250-250 vs DT770-600 or?
Sep 25, 2006 at 4:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DDF

100+ Head-Fier
I currently own DT770's, 600 ohms, amped with a Go Vibe 5. Great image stability, seperation and placement, and the bass of the Beyers works with the Go Vibes lighter character. The combo is just too agressive up top for me, and its the 770s doing most of the damage. Mids could be better to.

So, in a closed can (good isolation), amped, any recommendations for a pair of headphones that isn't agressive up top, but is still accurate, dynamic, open but not boring? Main use will be at work or in bed (what's the difference?
biggrin.gif
) Ideally less than $150 but I can creep up a bit. Listening is music only, from stoner rock to classical and most in between (versatility will be important).

After searching for a few hours, the Beyer DT 250-250s might fit the bill, with the HD280s a possibility but some find them too boring.

Thanks!

Sep 25, 2006 at 4:17 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by DDF
I currently own DT770's, 600 ohms, amped with a Go Vibe 5. Great image stability, seperation and placement, and the bass of the Beyers works with the Go Vibes lighter character. The combo is just too agressive up top for me, and its the 770s doing most of the damage. Mids could be better to.

So, in a closed can (good isolation), amped, any recommendations for a pair of headphones that isn't agressive up top, but is still accurate, dynamic, open but not boring? Main use will be at work or in bed (what's the difference?
biggrin.gif
) Ideally less than $150 but I can creep up a bit. Listening is music only, from stoner rock to classical and most in between (versatility will be important).

After searching for a few hours, the Beyer DT 250-250s might fit the bill, with the HD280s a possibility but some find them too boring.

Thanks!

If you're using the older dt770/600, I heard that the dt770/80 has tamer highs and better mids, even though the newEST dt770's(non-pro) are has even more improvement still.

=)

Sep 25, 2006 at 5:07 AM Post #3 of 4
At that price it seems like an ATH-A700 will do you some good.

Sep 25, 2006 at 10:38 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by denl82
If you're using the older dt770/600, I heard that the dt770/80 has tamer highs and better mids, even though the newEST dt770's(non-pro) are has even more improvement still.

=)

Is there any confirmation on this? Here in Germany, no old Beyer headphone demands higher prices than the dt770-600, and there isn't really a huge price difference between any two 770's in used condition. (theoretically in the case of the new ones, as I haven't seen any used examples for sale yet. Is there any Beyer now that can stand against a dt531? I'm not so sure the Beyer line is really improving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back