Dt 880s (250ohm)
Nov 19, 2012 at 6:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

Dont say beats

New Head-Fier
Is it just me or do these headphones sound a ****load better then m50s and even better then my friends senn 598s. if these are only mid fi headphones what the hell do high end sound like. my m50s sound so lifeless now after listening to these for a couple hours

Nov 19, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #2 of 33
Quote:
Is it just me or do these headphones sound a ****load better then m50s and even better then my friends senn 598s. if these are only mid fi headphones what the hell do high end sound like

You're listening to what is essentially almost a high-end, from build quality to sonic properties, with a full frequency range and not just a crippled one and a hampered sound stage. Going from it to a high-end is a much, much smaller step up.

Some people have high-end source setups and still run what is considered a mid-fi headphone, like the DT880 or HD600. They're staples for a reason.

Very best,

Nov 19, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #3 of 33
The DT 880s sound better even without an amp. then when I plug in my e10 it feels like its not even the same song. I won't upgrade for a long time. Thanks for letting me.know about these last week when I made the thread. I'm happy mine came in today

Nov 19, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #7 of 33
Amazon has one of the best customer service in my opinion. Sometimes you get a different product in the box via the Warehouse deals

Nov 19, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #8 of 33
Ya it was a warehouse deals but its a bummer that I have to send it back and could take up to 3 weeks to refund. I don't think I can add another charge right now without the refund first. Credit card is at its monthly limit

Nov 19, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #11 of 33
Alright thanks. the thing is they said since its a warehouse deal I won't be refunded until they receive mine. they said if it was from amazon I could have benn refunded now. Also one question an e10 wouldn't power a 600ohm DT 880 would it?

Nov 19, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #12 of 33
Quote:
Alright thanks. the thing is they said since its a warehouse deal I won't be refunded until they receive mine. they said if it was from amazon I could have benn refunded now. Also one question an e10 wouldn't power a 600ohm DT 880 would it?

Heya,

It sounds ridiculous, but the 600ohm DT880 sounds great from the Fiio E10. I couldn't find a lot of differences, honestly, between it and the Lyr. Sounds like absolute crazy talk I know. But I might not have golden enough ears like some. But I have tested the DT880 600ohm on lots of equipment and found it to be quite efficient and sounds great from all kinds of devices, low powered and high powered. The differences I could hear that were significant, I couldn't be sure if they were just synergy or due to power differences. End of the day, it sounded fantastic, so I'll leave it at that. Don't be afraid to use a simple Fiio E10 with a 600ohm Beyer. It's quite nice sounding. And leaves you room in the future to explore new options.

Very best,

Nov 19, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #14 of 33
Quote:
Really???? I thought the absolute most the e10 would drive was 300ohm

Like I said, it sounds ridiculous. If you just read specs, things don't match up and it should not be enough. Yet it sounds great. So I don't know what to believe these days. I just try things myself. It's more expensive, but I get the truth that way.

I've done crazier things.

And even that sounds pretty good. The E10 should definitely not be able to do anything with the HE-500. Yet I couldn't even turn it up to full volume without it getting too loud. Bass was loose, but it didn't clip. It's weird. My Little Dot MK III clipped like it was a toy. But the E10 just does weird awesome things no matter what you plug into it. And I say this as someone with a tube DAC and speaker amp on his Hifiman HE-500. I clearly have no need for the E10. But it's just such a good fun little device that does unexplainable magic. Can't help but recommend it since it's so cheap and does so much.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back