DS Lite or PSP?
Jun 15, 2006 at 9:56 PM Post #76 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.karmalicious
I'm 6'1, so my hands are pretty big, and I find the Lite to be quite comfortable. More comfortable than the original, even. It's just the way it's layed out, I suppose: the buttons and d-pad were moved closer to the hinge, so my hands don't have to be angled sideways to grip them correctly.

Agreed. i'm 6'3" and i love the way it feels. Not to mention the fact that it's just so damn sex-ay! Now to take it apart and apply a much needed paint job so as not to confuse it with an ipod on steroids.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Decay
3000smile.gif

Jun 15, 2006 at 11:10 PM Post #78 of 143
Yeah. I think that the Lite is a bit more comfortable, but if the SP is really uncomfortable for you, the Lite won't help your porblems... sorry. Let me get some pics, and I'll edit them in.

FAKE EDIT: Actually, the Lite is quite a bit more comfortable than the SP. Quite a bit...

SP:
litespcomparison0019vk.jpg

Lite:
litespcomparison0025iq.jpg

SP vs. Lite (Thickness):
litespcomparison0034gv.jpg

(Note: The SP's screen looks better than the Lite's, there, but it really isn't.)

MORE EDIT: SP:
goldensuncomparison0018tz.jpg

Lite:
goldensuncomparison0024qf.jpg

Jun 16, 2006 at 12:10 AM Post #79 of 143
Whoa wait! Purple DSL?! BLUE DSL?! Did you order from lik-sang?

As for the GBA SP v DSL, The DSL is by far more comfortable for me because my fingers aren't running into each other. It's not perfect, but very little is. Now if only the button scheme on New Super mario brothers would change to the way I want them. grrrrrr. At least my copy of electroplankton and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney came today. :glee!:

Decay
3000smile.gif

Jun 16, 2006 at 12:54 AM Post #80 of 143
Yeah, that's an Enamel Blue from Lik-Sang. I got it mid-May, if memory serves correctly. It's much, much darker in person, it's just that the flash makes it look really blue. It's near black in real life...

Jun 16, 2006 at 12:57 AM Post #81 of 143
well, I asked this in another thread but no one seems to be answering, so...

Anyways, in preparation of getting a ds lite, I ordered a Hori screen protector, but I didn't realize they made a lite-specific version. Should I return it or will it fit the ds lite fine?

Jun 16, 2006 at 1:05 AM Post #82 of 143
I'm really not sure... my friend broke his original DS, so he's got mine until he can fix it. The actual screens are the same size, but I can't say either way about the borders of the screen.

Jun 16, 2006 at 3:15 AM Post #83 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
well, I asked this in another thread but no one seems to be answering, so...

Anyways, in preparation of getting a ds lite, I ordered a Hori screen protector, but I didn't realize they made a lite-specific version. Should I return it or will it fit the ds lite fine?

Screens are about the same size. I think it should work just fine.

Jun 16, 2006 at 6:34 PM Post #84 of 143
Oh man, picked up Sonic Rush today at lunch for my bus trip this afternoon. I'd been eyeing it for a while, and I just can't resist a new portable game before a trip. Played it for about 30 minutes at lunch... and I'm in love! Such good music, and such a magical throwback to the good old days, with all sorts of great new twists.

Jun 16, 2006 at 7:08 PM Post #85 of 143
I found some old gba games (smb 3, castlevania HoD) and I'm trying to play them, but sadly I have the original gba, which has no backlight. The titles themselves aren't as good as I remember... but I'm probably gonna pick a lite up as soon gamefly sends me a game (dawn of sorrows). The upcoming zelda (granted I didn't really like wind waker much), megaman zx, and kirby gots me itchin a bit.

Jun 16, 2006 at 7:21 PM Post #86 of 143
Quote:

The upcoming zelda (granted I didn't really like wind waker much)

If you didn't like the gameplay, then it shouldn't matter much. The sailing is completely different, from what I've seen, and the game is mostly 2D with 3D graphics, like NSMB. The only similar thing seems to be storyline and graphics.

Jun 16, 2006 at 7:30 PM Post #87 of 143
Quote:

If you didn't like the gameplay, then it shouldn't matter much. The sailing is completely different, from what I've seen, and the game is mostly 2D with 3D graphics, like NSMB. The only similar thing seems to be storyline and graphics.

Man, the usage of the touch screen looks absolutely amazing on that game. The demo footage looked SO clever.

Did you swap your Avatar over to Miyamoto?

EDIT: Damn it! I'm jonesing SO hard for more Sonic!

Jun 16, 2006 at 7:34 PM Post #88 of 143
Quote:

Yep, wind waker's horrid sailing mechanics and tiny world drove me mad. (cmon, like three villages and only a few dungeons, lazy nintendo) Nearly gave up halfway through the stupid tingle/triforce piece hunt. I also read the previews for the new zelda, glad they simplified the sailing, though I hope they also improve the storyline/world...

Jun 16, 2006 at 9:11 PM Post #89 of 143
The verdict on adding an amp to the system is- it reveals artifacts present in the sound of FFIV (or they could be added by the DSL's GBA emulator) and to a lesser extent DS games, since it really reveals the bad-sounding voice. But overall it improves things.

Background music in Mario and Sonic are much more fun to listen to with an amp, due to the increase in separation, bass and detail. Electroplankton gets a better soundstage and a bit more detail, though I really wish this music game had better sound quality.

On DS games, there is very little noise, while on FFIV the noise is louder and does have somewhat of an effect on the enjoyment of the music. Before making a conclusion about all GBA sound I should test multiple games on both the DSL and a GBASP. That can probably happen this Saturday.

Jun 16, 2006 at 9:25 PM Post #90 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazychimp132
The verdict on adding an amp to the system is- it reveals artifacts present in the sound of FFIV (or they could be added by the DSL's GBA emulator) and to a lesser extent DS games, since it really reveals the bad-sounding voice. But overall it improves things.

Background music in Mario and Sonic are much more fun to listen to with an amp, due to the increase in separation, bass and detail. Electroplankton gets a better soundstage and a bit more detail, though I really wish this music game had better sound quality.

On DS games, there is very little noise, while on FFIV the noise is louder and does have somewhat of an effect on the enjoyment of the music. Before making a conclusion about all GBA sound I should test multiple games on both the DSL and a GBASP. That can probably happen this Saturday.

W00t!

Thanks for feedback. Interesting read. Looking forward to gba-conclusion
eggosmile.gif

You think you'll start carrying with you a portable amp from now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back