DS Lite or PSP?
Jun 16, 2006 at 10:02 PM Post #91 of 143
Got my DS Lite and NSMB from Overstock.com today. The DS Lite is beautiful, and the NSMB is really fun.
biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2006 at 2:48 AM Post #92 of 143
Lets hope LOZ:phantom Hourglass doesn't get pushed back as much as Twilight Priness has. It's currently slated for a "Winter 06" release. Another one to watch is Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. All Konami has to do is release more of the same and everyone will be happy, more or less. It sounds like they are going to add a multiplayer element to it. Some others that are pretty much guaranteed to be good: Yoshi's Island 2 and a 3D version of FFIII.

PSPs got MGS:portable Ops and Lumines II coming out in Winter and Fall respectively. There's also an interesting looking platformer called LocoRoco, although I've only seen pictures so far. I also read in the Rumor Mill of EGM that there is a Kingdom Hearts game coming out for the PSP.

Jun 17, 2006 at 4:55 AM Post #93 of 143
I preordered a DS Lite a while back and picked it up on the 11th as an early 30th birthday gift to myself. It's really a nice little machine and blows away the original DS. It seems sturdy and actually looks really nice in person. The screens really are bright. As in brighter than my PowerBook bright. Initially I just had Brain Age and Castlevania (GREAT game), but I picked up Mario Kart, Feel the Magic, Bomberman, and Electroplankton. I think Nintendo really nailed it. The DS Lite is powerful enough for its intended market, has excellent battery life, it's cheap, sturdy, and has a great selection of games. The touch screen is actually useful and not just a gimmick and adds a new dimension to games that properly utilize it. I haven't been this excited about gaming in ages.

If anyone is looking for excellent GBA action games, I highly recommend the Castlevania Double Pack, Gunstar Super Heroes, and Astro Boy.

BTW, anybody know where I can get Phoenix Wright?

Jun 17, 2006 at 11:18 AM Post #95 of 143
Argh!!! why do the headphone outs always have to suck on Nintendo products. Using either 7506's or UM1's, it is way too loud. The slider volume control does not provide enough accuracy.

The DS Lite is actually the first device I have used in a long time that does not have digital volume control.

Jun 17, 2006 at 2:58 PM Post #96 of 143
LOL only on Head-fi.

I guess years of playing portable video games has softened me to the sound quality issues. They've never sounded good. The original Game Boy actually had decent sound output, but of course it was a very low-fi system. The DS Lite certainly has some hiss and it seems sampling rates of digital sounds aren't as high as they could be. I'm having fun though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlo mein
Argh!!! why do the headphone outs always have to suck on Nintendo products. Using either 7506's or UM1's, it is way too loud. The slider volume control does not provide enough accuracy.

The DS Lite is actually the first device I have used in a long time that does not have digital volume control.

Jun 17, 2006 at 6:09 PM Post #98 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlo mein

Use an altenuator. I'm using it wit my UE5c and Shure E4 and it sounds just fine.

Jun 17, 2006 at 6:40 PM Post #99 of 143
Just picked one up fro BB with a return plan... sadly, not sure if I should open it til my hori and games come in (from gamefly).

Jun 17, 2006 at 7:43 PM Post #100 of 143
just open it. it's not like the screen is going to get all messed up, unless you're a heavy user. i opened mine the first day i got it, played with the touch screen some..then my screen proctectors came 4 days later. really couldn't resist it sitting there doing nothing.

Jun 17, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #101 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by enjoi_rootbeer
just open it. it's not like the screen is going to get all messed up, unless you're a heavy user. i opened mine the first day i got it, played with the touch screen some..then my screen proctectors came 4 days later. really couldn't resist it sitting there doing nothing.

The thing is, I'm afraid dust will accumulate on the screen, and when I do put on the protector, it might be a problem. (or so I've read)

Really itching to open it though, now if only I could find my copy of minish cap...

Jun 17, 2006 at 8:06 PM Post #102 of 143
Quote:

Some others that are pretty much guaranteed to be good: Yoshi's Island 2

I cried a little bit when I saw that that was being made. I'm not kidding.

Jun 17, 2006 at 10:17 PM Post #104 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by rx7_fan
Do you guys know where I can find cheap used games for both PSP an DS?

gamestop.com?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back