DROP + THX Panda Announcement
Sep 28, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #511 of 767
I finally received my Pandas this morning (UK)! First impressions = wow and fantastic. Just so you are all aware I am no audiophile, just a casual listener listening to apple music wirelessly. So I am afraid I can't explain or go to some of the lengths you guys do :)

I currently have a pair of B&W PX7 as my main pair which replaced the P7 wireless. I have used them for approx 3 hours so far and they sound incredible to me. There is a level of clarity I have not heard and although the bass is not as punchy as the B&W, it has a quality I have not heard since some wired Audeze's (not sure of the model was a long time ago). The PX7 lack the midrange and clarity and just general quality, but there are some songs the increased bass sounds good (noting that the PX7 is not a very bassy headphone anyway) but more mudled.

It's clear I need to listen to the Pandas more and then compare.

From a fit perspective they feel comfortable, more so than the PX7 and the passive noise cancelling is pretty good. But as I tend to generally use these at home noise cancelling is not a big deal for me.

I also love the joystick so much better than buttons and so easy to change tracks and volume, I wish more manufacturers would adopt this.

It's always dangerous when there is some hype for a product, but for me I am really happy at the moment and hope it continues.

Sep 28, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #513 of 767
Can anyone explain where these can be bought now, on Amazon or any other store. In America or anywhere? When will DROP sell them vs. pre-orders? How are folks who have these getting them?

I ordered mine orignally from Indegogo when they were released. They are still fulfilling these for the next month or 2. You can pre-order from Drop website, I think they say November release?

Oct 2, 2020 at 12:12 AM Post #514 of 767
I finally received my Pandas last night.
Shipping and customs took 7 weeks. I think they were shipped across the Atlantic with a rowboat and then arrived at our wonderful customs office.
The problem is that the people who work there have hardly any time left to process the packages between coffee- and cigarette breaks.

Joking aside, I have two questions:
- the app for EQ/firmware update isn't out yet I suppose?
- how many devices I can I pair with my Panda so that it remembers them and I don't have to pair them again each time? Or can it only remember one?
I wouldn't mind using it with phone, tablet, Mac, PC, PS, Xbox, TV ... but don't think it will remember all of those connections?

Haven't tried them yet, will try them with a cable and Jot right away and try Bluetooth this afternoon.

Oct 2, 2020 at 7:15 PM Post #516 of 767
Ok, the manual says it can remember up to 8 devices.
What happens after that, does the first one get thrown out or do you have to reset the phones?
Limits are not meant to be surpassed. Either your phone blows up or it rips open a hole in the space-time continuum...

Lol jk I wouldn’t worry about it. If it says 8 devices then don’t use more than 8 devices. Simple :gs1000smile:

Oct 2, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #517 of 767
Well, if you have an iphone, ipad, atv, xbox and ps you pair it with and these 5 are soon all to be replaced ...
There goes the space-time continuum.

On another note I like the sound out of the box, not your bassiest sound but there’s no bloom in the bass either.
The internal amp is not that powerful though, hooking it up to a Jot opened it up quite a bit more.
But it goes loud enough for my average use scenarios, maybe a bit more headroom for movies would have been nice.
I have no idea though how other wireless cans perform in that department, never had any.
Very nice build quality, feels very solid and the controls are a dream, so simple and handy.
I saw most other wireless cans have a bunch of buttons and wheels or swipe the earcup gestures.
No, that one little cross does all I need to do with it.

I’m curious about what the app will add.

Oct 2, 2020 at 8:27 PM Post #518 of 767
@AppleheadMay, Hooking these up to a good pusher like the Jot really exposes just what a good headphone they are. They really perform well with the added power and don’t stumble at all. As for other wireless I have heard others and these - with the THX amp really shine above the rest. LDAC and you got it in spades. Oh! Planar too, come on what is there to want more than these.

Oct 3, 2020 at 12:35 AM Post #521 of 767

Users who are viewing this thread

Back