DROP + THX Panda Announcement
Aug 13, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #481 of 767
Thank you @Kalli. The problem is that LDAC is not a supported codec in Windows. So any generic Bluetooth solution will not work.

A possible workaround is to find a device that looks like a soundcard with outputs and inputs to the operating system but in fact relays the audio bits to the Panda headphone via Bluetooth using the high bandwidth LDAC codec.

Anyone?
Maybe a device such as Shanling M2X will fit your bill.
Bluetooth Ldac Rx and Tx, works as a usb-dac or a usb source. With integrated sd card slot and a 3.5 line out.

Aug 13, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #482 of 767
i wanted these really bad, but glad I didn't waste my money. If the ever get the supply chain giong for them maybe I will get them then, like the 58x and such.
Absolutely understand the frustration. Hopefully you will one day get to have these - they sound great and are very comfortable. My reference points are Eikon, Elex, Sundara, CX, AFC, Phantom, Vokyl, GrapheneQ.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2020 at 11:50 PM Post #483 of 767
Maybe a device such as Shanling M2X will fit your bill.
Bluetooth Ldac Rx and Tx, works as a usb-dac or a usb source. With integrated sd card slot and a 3.5 line out.
Thank you @Chris, that is exactly the type of device I am looking at. However, I want to make sure it works in the expected when used as a sound device from Teams. Basically the device needs to provide a hands free profile using LDAC for sound output from a PC and the microphones on the Panda using the best supported at the same time. The device alone is an investment... I am finding that working from home is extremely tiring due to the fact that the audio setups of most people in online meetings is of very low quality so I spend the whole day intensely listening to understand what is being said.

Have you actually tried this?

Cheers

Thomas

Aug 18, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #485 of 767
Thank you @Chris, that is exactly the type of device I am looking at. However, I want to make sure it works in the expected when used as a sound device from Teams. Basically the device needs to provide a hands free profile using LDAC for sound output from a PC and the microphones on the Panda using the best supported at the same time. The device alone is an investment... I am finding that working from home is extremely tiring due to the fact that the audio setups of most people in online meetings is of very low quality so I spend the whole day intensely listening to understand what is being said.

Have you actually tried this?

Cheers

Thomas
For this purpose you've to buy 2 devices, i think.

First a Shanling M2s or x and for chatting with the Panda, there's such device like the

Aug 20, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #486 of 767
Drop still has no presence within EU, therefore you're importing the items you buy there yourself. Which means you'll have to pay import fees. Otherwise it's no problem, you can book shipping to EU at a reasonable fee.

I've had the PM3 once for testing, which the Panda is based upon with minor tweaks to its sound signature. The PM3 was not to my taste I have to admit, nevertheless I preordered the Panda... yet I'm thinking about cancelling that preorder given the rather long delay and the fact that I do have some wireless headphones I'm quite happy with, the Aonic being one of them...

crap how did I miss the Aonics.
You don't have by any chance ever heard the 940s from Shure and can compare the two?

Aug 20, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #487 of 767
You don't have by any chance ever heard the 940s from Shure and can compare the two?
I cannot say anything about the 940s, but the AONIC 50 are pretty much the best audio experience you can get with Bluetooth and ANC at the moment.
Slightly emphasized bass, but otherwise pretty neutral sounding.

The Drop Panda might have better audio (that's just a theory :)), but without ANC the A50 are hard to beat in certain environments (e.g. bus, train, plain, ...).

Aug 21, 2020 at 2:13 AM Post #489 of 767
Don't worry about that.
If the isolation is as good as the PM3, i'd not hesitate.
While on commuting, my focus on the music isn't that much like i'm sitting at home listening.
I for my appreciate a little background "noise" to stay safer. :wink:
When the music is playing a slightly bit louder, the background noise fates away easily.

Aug 21, 2020 at 2:17 AM Post #490 of 767
Oh no not for me.
The best experience I can have when it comes to isolation is with my Etymötics. Then I can't even hear a truck passing by and I love it.

I have the HD25 as well which people say has good isolation but for me it isn't enough anymore.

Aug 21, 2020 at 2:36 AM Post #491 of 767
Sure.
To each his own. :)

I know you with the Etys.
Imo, no isolating over ear could reach the level of isolation of a well isolating iem, even with anc it's hardly beaten.

As i said, i prefer a little background noise to hear what's going on. :beerchug:

Aug 22, 2020 at 7:25 AM Post #492 of 767
Unfortunately I've never heard the 940... and I don't know anybody how owns them either.

but if you're looking for both very good anc and sound quality, the Aonic might be well worth a try.

Aug 22, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #494 of 767
I'm going to test them on Monday, would be a much safer bet than the Pandas.
Especially in terms of warranty, etc.
If you’re living outside the US, it may well be simpler to arrange for repair etc with Shure, yes. I think Drop once mentioned their intention to build representations within the EU, but that may take a while...

Aug 24, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #495 of 767
I canceled my order for the pandas for the Aonics.
The Aonic sounds like I would expect from headphones and has very similar features to the Panda, only with the convenience of having a store close to me.
It makes me feel a little better paying $ 400 for them.

I will keep an eye on these, however. A colleague has an order pending so I can hear it.
So far I really like what I've seen from Drop and how they dealt with things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back