DROP + THX Panda Announcement
Feb 20, 2021 at 12:31 AM Post #646 of 767
Listening to them, now. Wow, these do sound better than the AirPods Max. Very well done! The noise isolation is actually pretty close to noise canceling. They feeling comfortable on my had and I don't feel any pressure. They feel better than the Apple Cans. Cool, so these and the XM3 will be my cans for the long run. Best part is, I got them for 30,000 yen.

Passive noise isolation is good on them, though they don’t come close to something that is active (on full-sized), but you have the XM3 for that. I also found them to have better SQ than the AirPods Max as well overall. I wish I could say the same about comfort, without modding the headband a bit they would give me a tender spot on the top of my head after an hour of listening :frowning2: I do feel that they are worth the 400 dollars (if we’re comparing MSRP to MSRP), but I know a lot of people don’t agree with that claiming they’re too dark for their tastes (which I can understand). Getting them for 300 or so USD isn’t a bad price for them though.

Feb 20, 2021 at 12:40 AM Post #647 of 767
Passive noise isolation is good on them, though they don’t come close to something that is active (on full-sized), but you have the XM3 for that. I also found them to have better SQ than the AirPods Max as well overall. I wish I could say the same about comfort, without modding the headband a bit they would give me a tender spot on the top of my head after an hour of listening :frowning2: I do feel that they are worth the 400 dollars (if we’re comparing MSRP to MSRP), but I know a lot of people don’t agree with that claiming they’re too dark for their tastes (which I can understand). Getting them for 300 or so USD isn’t a bad price for them though.
Worked out to $285. Mint condition. They don't seem too dark for me. Which wired cans would you consider them close to?

Feb 20, 2021 at 6:54 AM Post #648 of 767
Worked out to $285. Mint condition. They don't seem too dark for me. Which wired cans would you consider them close to?
I personally didn’t find them too dark, but some people do. As for cans their closest too… that’s a good question.

Feb 26, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #650 of 767
I picked up a pair of the Pandas for work. I think they are very comfortable and stay on really well for a heavier portable headphone.

The timbre is a bit soft though. Is anyone else noticing this? All of my other planars, including the PM3 have been defined without rounded notes.

Feb 26, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #651 of 767
I picked up a pair of the Pandas for work. I think they are very comfortable and stay on really well for a heavier portable headphone.

The timbre is a bit soft though. Is anyone else noticing this? All of my other planars, including the PM3 have been defined without rounded notes.
I find it warm, and that notes tend to run together (maybe what you describe as soft). With my Android phone I use Wavelet and auto EQ to the Harman curve and that makes them much more enjoyable!

Feb 27, 2021 at 4:01 AM Post #655 of 767
Is wavelet for Android only?

Feb 27, 2021 at 6:09 AM Post #657 of 767
Thanks for that. The Pandas really surprised me when using iOS. The tuning is more detailed than I expected. Drop did commendable job with them. I have used them one week without any problems. The reliability at least is better than the AirPods Max, which I am all the more thankful for.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2021 at 5:22 PM Post #659 of 767
Is there any news regarding EQ app?
Well, there is this post from Will, it's not the end of the month anymore though. So it's a lot more promising than the end of the month. But expect weekly updates about the app? Some were speculating that since the company that was outsourced to do the app was having an announcement this week that it would be this week; we'll find out tomorrow I guess.

Hey Folks, the team is still working hard to release a stable update. We will provide weekly updates going forward along with an expected changelog on this coming Friday. Thanks for your patience as we work to create the best eq and firmware upate. experience we can. We're working on the last few details with Sonarworks and expect to reach a solution this week or next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back