Drop + JVC HA-FDX1 Dual Carbon IEM...available in the US!
May 20, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #706 of 1,383
Could somebody please tell me the exact dimension of HA-FDX1's nozzles? Am trying to select a new tips order, natch..
The nozzle stem has 4.75 diameter, the ridge 6.4mm.
4.5mm tips fit but are really hard to get on and take off, ideally the tip should be specified for 5...5,5mm nozzles.
Personally I keep coming back to the Spiral Dots++ as the best sounding and fitting tips.
(edit: measurements taken from FD02 nozzles but they should be the same)

Last edited:
May 20, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #708 of 1,383
The nozzle stem has 4.75 diameter, the ridge 6.4mm.
4.5mm tips fit but are really hard to get on and take off, ideally the tip should be specified for 5...5,5mm nozzles.
Personally I keep coming back to the Spiral Dots++ as the best sounding and fitting tips.
(edit: measurements taken from FD02 nozzles but they should be the same)
Many thanks for this!

May 20, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #709 of 1,383
Yes, that makes sense. That lip already tore apart the barrel of a Final E Series tip I was foolishly trying to manhandle over it
Hmmm ... that‘s a shame. I actually use Final E tips with the FDX1. I use size LL, but I wouldn’t think that should make a difference. They are snug, but fit.

May 20, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #711 of 1,383
I actually used two layers, by cutting out the disc right at a fold, but you can perhaps try with two layers, then remove one if not to your taste. I traced the nozzle tip, and cut out the disc with scissors, but I imagine using a leather hole puncher (with different sizes) would work well.

Thanks, let me try to play around with it.

May 20, 2020 at 9:56 PM Post #712 of 1,383
any comparison on alternating the sound between the final E tip and the stock tip?

and if I use the second smallest size of the stock tip, which size of the final E tip I should order? Can't find a multi pack of the final E tip for some reason.

Gotta say I am not a big fan of the stock tip, not really comfortable for me.

May 20, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #713 of 1,383
any comparison on alternating the sound between the final E tip and the stock tip?

and if I use the second smallest size of the stock tip, which size of the final E tip I should order? Can't find a multi pack of the final E tip for some reason.

Gotta say I am not a big fan of the stock tip, not really comfortable for me.
I honestly couldn’t get the stock tips to fit me well, b/c the core structure is too soft. With that limitation in mind, from what I recall, the Final E tips seem to increase the bass a little, and tame the upper mids and treble a little.

Here is an available multi pack of the Final tips. I purchased my Final tips from this company, both via Amazon and directly. This kit also has a nifty case, and adaptors for Etymotic/Shure/Westone nozzles.

https://audio46.com/products/final-audio-type-e-tips-kit-with-case-and-nozzle-adaptor

May 20, 2020 at 10:24 PM Post #714 of 1,383
I honestly couldn’t get the stock tips to fit me well, b/c the core structure is too soft. With that limitation in mind, from what I recall, the Final E tips seem to increase the bass a little, and tame the upper mids and treble a little.

Here is an available multi pack of the Final tips. I purchased my Final tips from this company, both via Amazon and directly. This kit also has a nifty case, and adaptors for Etymotic/Shure/Westone nozzles.

https://audio46.com/products/final-audio-type-e-tips-kit-with-case-and-nozzle-adaptor

oh wow it was out of stock at audio46 when I checked yesterday I think, thanks will place an order.

Got to say I am impressed with the Fd01, i like the build quality, the sound and and the weight, and i can get a good fit for my ears.

May 23, 2020 at 9:07 AM Post #715 of 1,383
Has any1 tried FD02, FD01, FDX1 and can do a comparison?
Is there any difference between these in terms of sound, clarity, separation?

I'm asking because I sold my KPE and I miss them.

And I would like replace them with one of the above.

Leaning towards FD02 because of the price of course :)
I have FDX1 & KPE. I prefer FDX1, hands down. If you get to feeling more than nostalgic, I’d like to sell my KPE.
FDX1 is my go to iem. Only contender, from my collection, is T800 but, like folks generally say, BAs lack the sparkle of DDs. Although t800 does have better stage or separation but often feels flat compared to FDX1.

May 23, 2020 at 9:46 AM Post #716 of 1,383
Since I already have the FDX1 and the Tin T4, although I know it‘s different, do you think it would be worth me getting the Tanchjim Oxygen?

May 23, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #717 of 1,383
Since I already have the FDX1 and the Tin T4, although I know it‘s different, do you think it would be worth me getting the Tanchjim Oxygen?
I really like both of them. The areas where the Oxygen is a bit better to me are imaging and separation. FDX1 has a more natural sounding timbre and I prefer it's frequency response tuning (upper mids are pushed a bit forward for my liking on the Oxygen). Bass has a little bit more impact on the Oxygen. I consider them roughly equivalent in overall quality, I don't think the Oxygen will blow your mind or anything compared to FDX1, just would come down to personal preferences.

May 23, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #718 of 1,383
Just messing around and took some pics.

84B7A7F7-0190-44EC-9B4F-F62689FBA5DE.jpeg
F5C37946-3978-4E03-99FD-F3C31C6F49B7.jpeg

May 24, 2020 at 7:09 AM Post #719 of 1,383
I have FDX1 & KPE. I prefer FDX1, hands down. If you get to feeling more than nostalgic, I’d like to sell my KPE.
FDX1 is my go to iem. Only contender, from my collection, is T800 but, like folks generally say, BAs lack the sparkle of DDs. Although t800 does have better stage or separation but often feels flat compared to FDX1.
Thanks for the offer!
But I don't have a budget any more
But I do take donations :D

Had the opportunity to listen to T800 and I found these to be quite nice and honestly I was expecting the FDX1 to have better stage.
Anyway I have the FD02 on the way and I'm happy to hear that the JVCs are not flat compared to T800 because I will have a fun IEM :D.

On the opposite side I have the AQ3 which I really like and are the most neutral, flat IEM I ever had,
I'm curious how will compare to the FD02.

May 24, 2020 at 9:06 AM Post #720 of 1,383
Had the opportunity to listen to T800 and I found these to be quite nice and honestly I was expecting the FDX1 to have better stage.
Anyway I have the FD02 on the way and I'm happy to hear that the JVCs are not flat compared to T800 because I will have a fun IEM :D.

On the opposite side I have the AQ3 which I really like and are the most neutral, flat IEM I ever had,
I'm curious how will compare to the FD02.

IMO, the FDX1 is quite a neutral monitor, with a little bit of boosted bass vs strict neutral. They are very detailed, and sound more cool/analytical overall. That said, they are not boring at all, just not the typical “fun” v-shaped tuning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back