Drop + JVC HA-FDX1 Dual Carbon IEM...available in the US!
May 31, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #766 of 1,383
Sorry I don't mean to hijack this thread, but my nozzles don't look anything like yours! And I'm getting absolutely no bass. 20200531_123837.jpg
That's one of each.

May 31, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #767 of 1,383
That's one of each.
Maybe I’m missing something, but they look the same to me, just a different perspective. How long have you had them? Is the sound different between the 2 earpieces? If asymmetrical sound, try switching the sides (they can be L or R) to see if there’s any change. This one of the very few IEMs where I noticed a big improvement in bass over time, with breaking them in.

May 31, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #768 of 1,383
Maybe I’m missing something, but they look the same to me, just a different perspective. How long have you had them? Is the sound different between the 2 earpieces? If asymmetrical sound, try switching the sides (they can be L or R) to see if there’s any change. This one of the very few IEMs where I noticed a big improvement in bass over time, with breaking them in.
I think @ksb643 may be referencing your unique mod, of placing a filter on the outside of the wax guard.

May 31, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #769 of 1,383
I think @ksb643 may be referencing your unique mod, of placing a filter on the outside of the wax guard.
Oh I thought they were supposed to look like yours!! Makes me feel better, but the bass is sure low in volume with all the filters. Been breaking them in for going on 3 days. Even bass guitar is anemic. Driven by a Jot balanced. Thanks fellas! I hope it improves....

May 31, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #770 of 1,383
Oh I thought they were supposed to look like yours!! Makes me feel better, but the bass is sure low in volume with all the filters. Been breaking them in for going on 3 days. Even bass guitar is anemic. Driven by a Jot balanced. Thanks fellas! I hope it improves....
As long as it sounds symmetrical, with appropriate imaging, there is probably nothing defective with them. It took me a couple of weeks before I started to really like them. I‘m sure half of it was me getting used to their sound, the other half was tinkering. Ear tips really matter. I could never get the stock spiral dots to work for me. I’m using narrow bore Final Audio Type E tips, which does improve the bass.

May 31, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #771 of 1,383
May 31, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #772 of 1,383
Sorry I don't mean to hijack this thread, but my nozzles don't look anything like yours! And I'm getting absolutely no bass. 20200531_123837.jpg
You need to look at the nozzles from the other side...
If there is no bass contact Drop. I had the same issue, and there were reports from others as well.
It is a great IEM, but seems like there are some QC issues.

May 31, 2020 at 4:43 PM Post #773 of 1,383
Sorry I don't mean to hijack this thread, but my nozzles don't look anything like yours! And I'm getting absolutely no bass.
If you are getting absolutely no bass, you need a better seal from your ear tips. Try different sizes, other brands, or foam tips. The nozzle mods do not increase bass.

May 31, 2020 at 5:36 PM Post #774 of 1,383
If you are getting absolutely no bass, you need a better seal from your ear tips. Try different sizes, other brands, or foam tips. The nozzle mods do not increase bass.
Thanks! After 72 hours it's a little better.

May 31, 2020 at 7:37 PM Post #775 of 1,383
Thanks! After 72 hours it's a little better.
I'm running mine balanced, to my Radsone ES100 (portable amp)

ES100 EQ settings
JVC HA FD01 b.jpg

My current test song is the long version (7:12) of "Hotel California", from Spotify. The first 35 seconds will tell all: from the guitar solo to the first hit of the bass drum (at 31 seconds)

On my FD01s (same as FDX1) the bass drum (at 31 seconds) is clean, with just the right amount time spent in the sub-basement.

May 31, 2020 at 7:46 PM Post #776 of 1,383
I'm running mine balanced, to my Radsone ES100 (portable amp)

ES100 EQ settings
JVC HA FD01 b.jpg
My current test song is the long version (7:12) of "Hotel California", from Spotify. The first 35 seconds will tell all: from the guitar solo to the first hit of the bass drum (at 31 seconds)

On my FD01s (same as FDX1) the bass drum (at 31 seconds) is clean, with just the right amount time spent in the sub-basement.
Thanks! I use ulilith on my pc which has eq. Balanced out from a Schiit Jotunheim with my new Brainwave 2.5mm balanced cable and a Drop xlr to 2.5 adapter.

May 31, 2020 at 7:48 PM Post #777 of 1,383

Bass should be increasing with the two filtered nozzles. also +1 suggesting tip size & type/insertion depth experimentation. Maybe try a different source than the Jot as well (even a phone or something) and a different cable/no adapters if you can, just to eliminate those possibily causing the issue.

Otherwise think there have been two or three people on thread who mentioned getting bad IEMs with bass issues.

Last edited:
May 31, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #778 of 1,383
Bass should be increasing with the two filtered nozzles. also +1 suggesting tip size & type/insertion depth experimentation. Maybe try a different source than the Jot as well (even a phone or something) and a different cable if you have one just to eliminate that possibility.

Otherwise think there have been two or three people on thread who mentioned getting bad IEMs with bass issues.
It's definitely getting better. It was almost non existent

Jun 1, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #779 of 1,383
Just finished my DIY cable for the FD02:

Teflon insulated pure silver. Very dynamic, tight :wink:
I can only recommend playing with cables, they make a surprisingly big difference.

And another one!
This time made from premium wire and parts from QYFANG on Aliexpress.
Sounds also very good, not as fast and tight as the Teflon cable, a bit warmer and smoother, maybe a little darker, more bass weight but still very high clarity.
Soundstage also feels a bit more expanded, wider and deeper. Overall a bit more relaxing, but without giving up sound clarity and separation.

IMG_0040.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2020 at 10:01 PM Post #780 of 1,383

Users who are viewing this thread

Back