Drop + JVC HA-FDX1 Dual Carbon IEM...available in the US!
Apr 24, 2020 at 7:42 PM Post #586 of 1,383
It's definitely not on par with their sound wired, but I use them at the office a lot and need the convenience. The JVC and UTWS1 are still better than any of the tws options I've heard elsewhere.

The three latest Dunu inears from the DK series are ergonomically fantastic with UTWS1. Fully agree with you on the convenience, I love having them. But I digress :yum:

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #587 of 1,383
Just FYI, the AZLA Sedna Earfit tips fit on the FDX1 nozzle PERFECTLY, even better than the included Spiral Dots. They also have a wide bore, and they sound great.

May 1, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #588 of 1,383
Anyone know of a way to tighten the rotating housing on these? It seems to be a common issue, one sides housing being looser than the others. I've got two pairs of these and both had it, so I've combined the tighter ones into one pair, but I'd like to get the other ones in the same shape before I sell one off. I want to do a warranty but with covid I'm terrified at the time table to get them back

May 2, 2020 at 11:42 PM Post #589 of 1,383
4A4CBB19-93C7-4419-B360-A618C7C02F02.jpeg Well... talk about quality control, the pin that helps to pull the latch fell off on the “right” side

agh... don’t even start me on how much that annoyed me...
This happened to one of mine. I was a mess but I swept the floor and managed to find, then reattach it with a tiny speck of super glue. I would've lost my goddamn mind

May 4, 2020 at 7:34 AM Post #591 of 1,383
May 4, 2020 at 7:50 AM Post #592 of 1,383
Just FYI, the AZLA Sedna Earfit tips fit on the FDX1 nozzle PERFECTLY, even better than the included Spiral Dots. They also have a wide bore, and they sound great.
I agree completely that the Sedna - for me - help improve the fit of the FDX1. However, the wide bore of the Sedna brings out the treble, so if you are treble sensitive you might want to look elsewhere for tips. i Use the Symbio for this reason - narrower bore to slightly tame the treble peaks.

May 4, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #593 of 1,383
Definitely going to pull the trigger on the Sednas. Will do a foam mod like I do to most of my tips (I have a very strange left ear canal) . My issue with foam modding the Spiral Dots + is that their core is so soft, sometimes the wrong insertion or even an adjustment in sitting position, seems to crush the core a bit. I'm hoping the firmer Sedna core helps this.

May 4, 2020 at 11:42 AM Post #594 of 1,383
I agree completely that the Sedna - for me - help improve the fit of the FDX1. However, the wide bore of the Sedna brings out the treble, so if you are treble sensitive you might want to look elsewhere for tips. i Use the Symbio for this reason - narrower bore to slightly tame the treble peaks.
Yes, that’s definitely an important point. They fit well, but do bring out the treble. I personally am using Final Audio Type E tips for this very reason. Both Sedna and Final tips have rigid cores.

May 4, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #595 of 1,383
Yes, that’s definitely an important point. They fit well, but do bring out the treble. I personally am using Final Audio Type E tips for this very reason. Both Sedna and Final tips have rigid cores.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will have to try my Final Audio Type E tips on the FDX1.

May 5, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #597 of 1,383
From Headfonics : 564mW+564mW on a 32Ω load balanced as a well as a more moderate 148mW unbalanced into 32Ω

The HA-FDX1 are not that easy to drive, so yes I'd definitely want to use the balanced output of the R5. The JVCs are 16Ω, it still applies.

Last edited:
May 5, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #598 of 1,383
Yeah, from Custom Art. I'm from a neighbour country so it's kinda obvious choice. But I totally recommend getting the customs. Good thing is that you can swap them to another IEMs, provided they have similarly wide nozzles.
Custom tips ordered from Custom Art.
Thanks ... just have to wait for the manufacturing :wink:

May 5, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #600 of 1,383
Has anyone tried both JVC FDX1 and Etymotic ER2XR? I will probably get one of these. Could someone help me to get the answer where is bigger bass quantity?
I have both, and like both, a lot. The FDX1 has more quantity and can provide more palpable bass, but both have quite good bass response, just not bass head levels. The bass on both is very clean and articulate. The FDX1 has more upper midrange and treble energy, and seems a little more detailed, with slightly better resolution, but for those sensitive to certain upper frequencies, the ER2XR has a very accurate, yet smooth sound. The air (>10K response) seems quite similar, though it is less on the FDX1 if you use either the green or blue nozzles. Fit is another big difference. There is no deep insertion option with the JVCs, but the triple flanges are often not well tolerated by some people. There are many other options for the Etys though. LMK if you have any other questions.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/etymotic-ear-tip-options.930440/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back