Dreading the thought of ending high school
Aug 11, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #47 of 52
I think the reason why you are dreading the end of high school is because you became emotionally attached to the girls.

In some ways, you are right because after high school, many guys do not have casual friendships with females anymore.

Out in the real world, being casual friends with girls is nearly impossible for many guys. For me, I went to an all boys catholic high school so I never had friends with girls anyway. But in your case, it can be heartbreaking.

And it’s within human nature to be social. After high school, it can be a lonely world out there for many people.

Aug 27, 2020 at 12:56 AM Post #48 of 52
Here’s a common scenario:

After high school and college graduation, a lot of the former students became Facebook friends so you would have a guy or girl with hundreds and hundreds of Facebook friends.

The problem is that it creates a continuation of artificial relationships. Social media can never replace real life social interaction. It can get weird.

Next thing that happens, is that people start un friending each other or quit Facebook and all those old high school kids eventually become distant memories.

Dec 20, 2020 at 10:19 PM Post #50 of 52
In theory high school can go on “forever” or life long.

There have been predictions of future space colonies traveling into far distances into outer space. It is possible that groups of humans will be in “high school” for life.

Jan 19, 2021 at 5:41 AM Post #51 of 52
I'm in the same boat with you friend
:hugs:
I'm personally not so much emotional about leaving the school itself, but leaving all the people behind. The building itself is being torn down and rebuilt this summer anyway
:rolleyes:
, but the people I was with will never change. I will never miss writing essays, all these written tasks made me crazy. I often used https://www.topwritersreview.com/reviews/123writings/ . My best friends are going all the way to Scotland and Durham, whereas I'm going to be in Devon
frown.png
- I guess I'm just scared of losing touch with them, and also with all my friends in other year groups.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #52 of 52
High school is a disciplinary institution. It disciplines you with education (in the Foucault way).
College (a reasonably good one) is a truth-seeking institution, a house of worship, a local sports pride and a care provider, all into one.

To me, my college taught me knowledge so much more and thorough than my high school, that it completely reshapes the way I process this world. They are different magnitude. I would not hesitate to admit that I am more thankful to my college than to my high school. High school and high school friends to me are good memories and nostalgia but that's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back