Dre Beats Studio DIY teardown and modify question...
Jul 26, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #61 of 121
Hey, @cb3723! It's been a while.

Do you have any demo Beats headphones, or are they all retail models?

Jul 27, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #62 of 121

Howdy vantt1- sorry - all my beats are retail version, I didn't know of these demo models until checking this thread, but I understand the attraction/challenge to you guys here who like to get down and dirty in modding/bringing these cans back to life.

It appears like the only way to get access to demo cans is by having a good contact who works in a best buy store or similar - sorry I can't be of help :frowning2:

Jul 28, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #64 of 121
Hello bro, can you please help me, I'm trying to disassembly mi new version studio's, but I can't find the screwson the left, practically I don't know what to do to open, in the right side I have a los base problem and on the left side I have a noise cancellation, I hink my little brother dropped them.
Hope that I can have your help

Jul 28, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #65 of 121
  Hello bro, can you please help me, I'm trying to disassembly mi new version studio's, but I can't find the screwson the left, practically I don't know what to do to open, in the right side I have a los base problem and on the left side I have a noise cancellation, I hink my little brother dropped them.
Hope that I can have your help

Carefully pull the cushions off and you'll see the screws. You will need a Torx T4 screwdriver to undo them.

Aug 4, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #67 of 121
By the looks of it, you will have to rewire the whole headphone from scratch to get it to work.

Aug 5, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #69 of 121

Is there a way to bypass the power requirement, which I'm assuming is only for the noise cancellation...? Or is there a powered "amp" of sorts that is fed by the batteries [or in my case the power input]?

Unfortunately, the battery drives both the amp and the noise cancellation circuit (which is one circuit board), but you can bypass the circuit altogether by wiring the input directly to the speaker drivers.

Aug 5, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #70 of 121
  Unfortunately, the battery drives both the amp and the noise cancellation circuit (which is one circuit board), but you can bypass the circuit altogether by wiring the input directly to the speaker drivers.

Hmmmmm... I'm guessing I would then lose a lot of sound quality?

I"m really surprised this is so difficult to figure out! It's such a simple circuit. How much power can the wired power input be supplying that I can't replicate it with batteries? Or is it possible that there is a completely different internal on the demo pair vs the stock? Thanks for the advice.

Aug 7, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #72 of 121
Hmmmmm... I'm guessing I would then lose a lot of sound quality?

I"m really surprised this is so difficult to figure out! It's such a simple circuit. How much power can the wired power input be supplying that I can't replicate it with batteries? Or is it possible that there is a completely different internal on the demo pair vs the stock? Thanks for the advice.

If anything, audio quality should increase because there's no longer a Beats circuit interfering with it.

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #73 of 121
hi i have a set of dre beats studio i has the 3.5mm jack and a dc jack i use a connector with a usb battery pack to make them work also i dont have the battery compartment after taking them apart looks like there should of bean an internal battery do u have any idea how i can convert them bk to use so i dont have to carry the battery pack its a pain lol

Aug 10, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #75 of 121
can some one help me got a set of beats with the dc jack i want to fit a battery but has no battery compartment any ideas

I'm starting to think the demo Beats are quite different from the retail models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back