Dre Beats Studio DIY teardown and modify question...
Aug 10, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #77 of 121
  they are different but i have a few of these demo models but have no battery compartment by friend has a proper set and prefer the demo ones

If there isn't a compartment and the circuit runs off a different voltage than a li-ion, then it's probably not possible to install a battery and make it work.

Aug 22, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #78 of 121
Hey guys! I know this is not a very recent thread, And I also know that you guys were talking of something completely different to what I'm about to ask, but this is the only thread I've found so far about the disassebly of Beats Studio.
So I'll ask you guys anyway: has anyone of you guys tried to put the new cushions of the Beats Studio (2013 version) on the old version of the Studios? These new cushions are sooooo much comfortable compared to the old ones.
So I was wondering if they would fit in the old model! :wink:

Aug 22, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #79 of 121
Hey guys! I know this is not a very recent thread, And I also know that you guys were talking of something completely different to what I'm about to ask, but this is the only thread I've found so far about the disassebly of Beats Studio.
So I'll ask you guys anyway: has anyone of you guys tried to put the new cushions of the Beats Studio (2013 version) on the old version of the Studios? These new cushions are sooooo much comfortable compared to the old ones.
So I was wondering if they would fit in the old model!
wink.gif

They don't fit. I've tried switching the cushions from the New Studios to the old Studios, and from the Executives to the New Studios (the Executives have even more comfortable cushions!), but none of them are interchangeable. As you can see, the old Studio's cushions were clipped on, while the New Studio's cushions are adhered on using a kind of double sided adhesive foam. Also, the long and short diameters are different; the old ones are longer and narrower than the New ones.

Aug 23, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #80 of 121
They don't fit. I've tried switching the cushions from the New Studios to the old Studios, and from the Executives to the New Studios (the Executives have even more comfortable cushions!), but none of them are interchangeable. As you can see, the old Studio's cushions were clipped on, while the New Studio's cushions are adhered on using a kind of double sided adhesive foam. Also, the long and short diameters are different; the old ones are longer and narrower than the New ones.

Thank you very much for your detailed answer! :wink:
What a shame! :|

Sep 3, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #82 of 121
Hey guys, for those of you who want to buy the beats studio demos you can get them on eBay ( they are a lot cheaper). Also for those of you who want to know what the voltage for the studio 2.0 is here ya go. It's 9v with 1.5 amps, and the adapter size is 1.5mm*3mm on the tip

Oct 20, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #83 of 121
hi I know this is old but id like to reopen this forum Ijust recieved an some demo 2.0 studio beats, im semi savi as far as technology goes and I have a few ideas id like to discuss, like current and ground wires, I know bout positive a negative, and head phone wire, nothing as far as ground goes,I just to reassemble old head phones, never used a power source type

Oct 20, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #85 of 121
yea i picked one up today too and want to clarify the output is dc 3v, so if its not i think its a setting or connection problem, maybe you put the battery as serial? lets get more idea people!

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #87 of 121
I never got the chance to get my hands on a demo pair, so I won't be able to help much. We've gotten mixed answers as to the operating voltage, and it ranges rom 4.5V to 9V. We won't know for sure unless we know the details of a demo setup and specifically which power supply it uses.

Oct 21, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #88 of 121
@vantt1  the operating voltage is DC 3V, that is the output on wrote on the plug - how do i upload picture by the way?  so I can show you what I thought and verify with you - I think the setup should be very similar to your beats bluetooth.  I want to upload the diagram I draw for wiring and share. 

Oct 21, 2014 at 1:53 AM Post #90 of 121
PLAN:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/li-polymer-rechargeable-baterry-Lithium-ion-300-mAh-3-7v-602030-for-mp3Bluetooth-/281272835089?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Batteries&hash=item417d2adc11
I am planning to get this as this is exact voltage and ma on the plug and the "beats bluetooth" tear down picture with the micro usb charging module - http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pcs-5V-MICRO-USB-1A-Lithium-Battery-Charging-Protection-in-one-Board-Module-/300919267742?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46102fa19e

After I make sure it work with this modules combo, i will try to get the bluetooth to work if it is not too complicated, otherwise I will just do the normal adding removable cable mod for headphones showing on youtube.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JHGJqfM0wE

SETUP:

My thought of the wiring diagram is like the fallowing  -

(Battery -> charging port ) or ( the DC plug for the demo version) -> to the battery indicator -> amp with the noise canellation -> headphones drivers

Demo Unit for 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beats-by-Dr-Dre-Beats-Studio-2-0-Over-Ear-Headphones-Red-Display-Model-GREAT-/201189118360?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item2ed7ce5198

1.) it should be very easy to test out if the above battery modules work or not, it is a y-cable connect to the earphone cup - one side is the power and the other side is the 3.5mm jack before it is split, so instead of like the previous try in the earlier in the thread, I will cut it  before it COMBINED to one cable, so i dont worry about to confuse which one is which.  once this is work then I will tell you guys the next step.

and the source input should connect directly to the amp with the 3.5mm jack, so  if would like to add bluetooth it should be just switch the 3.5mm jack to the bluetooth module - but I am confusing how power this up, which I need vantt1 for help on this

I am also want to get this pair of bluetooth headphones similar to the beats studio setting - http://www.ebay.com/itm/141409130638?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT -  if the modules metioned above is not working

Any idea or suggestion will help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back