Dre Beats good for $200 price range?
Sep 30, 2008 at 5:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 64

OTSS

New Head-Fier
Are the Beats by Dre good for the $200 price range?

Obviously, to ask what is the "best" comes down to preference...

Those who have more experience with the beats and other head phones, please chime in.

Sep 30, 2008 at 5:37 AM Post #2 of 64
It all depends on what you listen to, but overall, I've listened to the Beats and they produce a lot of "noise" versus music and I really didn't care for the overwhelming bass that pulsated the headphones >< Also..given that you can buy a pair of used Sennheiser HD600's for around that price, why not spring for something of that nature?

Sep 30, 2008 at 5:56 AM Post #3 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by iakonafuji /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It all depends on what you listen to, but overall, I've listened to the Beats and they produce a lot of "noise" versus music and I really didn't care for the overwhelming bass that pulsated the headphones >< Also..given that you can buy a pair of used Sennheiser HD600's for around that price, why not spring for something of that nature?

Where?

Sep 30, 2008 at 6:38 PM Post #6 of 64
Quote:

I mainly listen to hip hop and r%b...

Sep 30, 2008 at 8:36 PM Post #7 of 64
There is no overwhelming bass on the Beats. Also, Best Buy demo stations for these things are NOT valid for judging the sound of these phone. I've recently traded some of my gear with my friend for his Beats and I must say, these are excellent active noise canceling phones. The active noise canceling hiss is at a MINIMUM. Check out the 30+ page thread on these things and please disregard the majority of the junk postings on that thread as they were heavily biased and do not hold any water as they were basically judged based solely on the Dr. Dre association as well as the Monster brand.

Oct 1, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #8 of 64
Quote:

Overwhelming bass. Give me a break..lol.

Oct 1, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #9 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Overwhelming bass. Give me a break..lol.

Not sure where you listened to your pair, but when I was listening to them with a friend and we had the volume at a relatively high level, the base vibrated the plastic cups around the earpads and made the listening experience not so enjoyable, if anything, slightly entertaining but that's about it.

Oct 1, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #11 of 64
i tried a pair at an apple store as well and liked em. liked them enough for $200? no

Oct 3, 2008 at 3:00 PM Post #14 of 64
And no, they don't actually vibrate or distort at very high volumes. Even the demo stations at Best Buy with their ridiculously loud volumes do not vibrate or distort. Sibilance is relatively controlled considering that these are active noise canceling phones (which usually introduces sibilance from my experience with many different pairs of headphones with active noise canceling).

Oct 4, 2008 at 7:00 PM Post #15 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by dookiex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And no, they don't actually vibrate or distort at very high volumes. Even the demo stations at Best Buy with their ridiculously loud volumes do not vibrate or distort. Sibilance is relatively controlled considering that these are active noise canceling phones (which usually introduces sibilance from my experience with many different pairs of headphones with active noise canceling).

do you have these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back