"Dre Beats" Bass and trebble sound amazing! BUT i would rather buy a different set? Any surgestions please :)
Oct 25, 2010 at 1:38 PM Post #16 of 18
Beats are overpriced because of marketing and advertising it with famous persons (LeBron James, Lady Gaga, etc.). They just not worth the price
frown.gif

Oct 26, 2010 at 10:23 PM Post #17 of 18

Quote:
[size=10pt]I have listened to Dre Beats and fallen in love,,, the sound is what i like,,, i know there are better technical more accurate headphones out there,,, but i love the sound of the beats how they swamp you with the sound if you know what i mean..[/size]

[size=10pt]What i don’t like is the battery they require ? and the price is a bit steep for me to be honest, Credit crunch is biting and it hurts lol...[/size]

[size=10pt]Could anyone suggest some alternatives ? [/size]

[size=10pt]the will be plugged in to an average amp,,, the Logitech z5500 5.1 system to be exact,,, and i wanted to use them for some COD MW2 "Call of Duty" but mainly for music,,, [/size]

[size=10pt]I've read that "Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO Closed Back Headphones 80Ω" are quite good for bass ? [/size]
[size=10pt]http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/beyerdynamic-dt770-pro-closed-back-headphones-80937-dt-770-prodid-1159.html[/size] 

[size=10pt]but don't want to spend till I’ve heard from the guys in the Know, so please advise and competitors to the beats that have no battery, no noise cancelling, and are cheaper,,, ? [/size]

[size=10pt]Kind Regards[/size]
[size=10pt]Nicholas Kinkead[/size]

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems as though you are coming from a car stereo type environment.  If so my friend also likes the heavy bass that fills his car and gets your chest pounding.  Anyways I let him listen to my Denon AH-D2000's and he fell in love with them and bought them from me for $100. 
The 2000's have pretty good control in the bass department for how much they have, the way I would describe them would be a "party" headphone, they still keep the highs clear and the mids are pushed back but are still present with good clarity and smoothness.
Comfort wise the 2000's are quite comfy, even with glasses.
Still most importantly try before you buy, if you can.
Oh and FYI my friend was only using an "Ipod" "Touch" for the 2000's. 

Oct 29, 2010 at 6:51 PM Post #18 of 18

Quote:
Crazy bass,,, i dont know anywhere near Leeds, England where i can listen before i buy though... i wonder if i can buy and return from amazon if there not for me!!

There's a Superfi store in Leeds city center where you can demo headphones (i think it's superfi - google it, defo demo shop in Leeds) dunno if they stock Beyers though but I know they had Sennheiser HD 650's and Grados etc. Might like to call in at Richer Sounds in Leeds town center also as they might accommodate you with a demo.....not advertised with them though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back