DR150 vs. HD580
Dec 13, 2007 at 7:47 PM Post #32 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blood Simple /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone who has heard both, compare the DR150 to the AT-AD700 ?

I suppose it's a bit off topic, but I'm currently considering between these two too and would appreciate any input.

Dec 13, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #33 of 52
what kind of music do you listen to? i just ordered the dr150 yesterday

Dec 13, 2007 at 11:09 PM Post #35 of 52
yeah i got them new. i found them used at a couple places but they had a sale pending by the time i was ready to buy

Dec 14, 2007 at 2:01 AM Post #36 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had the opportunity to listen to both of these cans and IMO the DR150 sounds better than the HD580/600.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Wo.

Really?

Wo.

Is the soundstage as good as the HD580's?

Dec 14, 2007 at 2:11 AM Post #37 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Wo.

Really?

Wo.

Is the soundstage as good as the HD580's?

It depends on the music. My MFSL CD sounds SO wicked on these.. then again, some half-assed mastering on "new" CD's doesn't sound so hot.. If you have good music, these will produce it.

Dec 14, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #38 of 52
from what ive read the sound stage really isnt that great on the dr150's... but i dont really care

Dec 14, 2007 at 5:37 PM Post #39 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevg73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
from what ive read the sound stage really isnt that great on the dr150's... but i dont really care

It's MUCH better than Grado's soundstage... but still retains much of the "Grado" sound..

Dec 14, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #41 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpstereo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where did your order the DR-150s from? How much did they ask for them.

Regards,

John

He bought them new.. $150 is the going rate.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 14, 2007 at 6:30 PM Post #43 of 52
i got them at exclusivedisk.com. it was actually pretty amazing. i ordered it with the billing address in one place and shipping address somewhere else. fifteen minutes after i placed the order i got a call from the guy who runs the website asking for an explanation because it seemed suspicious. to me that seems like amazing service and care. i would recommend that if you buy a DR150 you should get it there

Dec 14, 2007 at 6:46 PM Post #44 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevg73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i got them at exclusivedisk.com. it was actually pretty amazing. i ordered it with the billing address in one place and shipping address somewhere else. fifteen minutes after i placed the order i got a call from the guy who runs the website asking for an explanation because it seemed suspicious. to me that seems like amazing service and care. i would recommend that if you buy a DR150 you should get it there

I just got my order from them yesterday. I ordered some isolation devices..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back