Dr. Xin Is Back!
Jul 12, 2008 at 8:02 PM Post #46 of 132
Why does everyone kiss this guy's ass? I order a new case for an amp and some parts a few months ago. Parts!$! How long would that take to assemble? Never got them. Forgot about them, now this thread just reminded me. Since he's now "back" I think I'll email him a nasty letter. That's what more people need to do. Threaten him with legal action. If you kiss a thief's hand, he's going to keeping stealing from you. Get legal on his ass and watch the refunds and orders start flying out.

Jul 12, 2008 at 11:00 PM Post #47 of 132
I can't believe how willing people are to forgive the fact that this guy walked on with people's money and offered no communication for a year. Are you all really that gullible?

His name should be banned from this site. I don't care what excuse he offers, there is no reason he couldn't take 5 minutes to post an update on his site saying he will be out of contact.

Jul 12, 2008 at 11:09 PM Post #48 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpnz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've asked him with detailed information to send my supermicro IV. He replied:
"I will, thank you, Xin"

lol.

How else do you expect him to reply to 14+ months worth of unanswered eMails if his eMails aren't "to the point".

All kidding aside dude, that's some SERIOUS BS.

Jul 12, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #49 of 132
Xin's amps are among the finest out there, the only reason some folks are cheesed off is because of the wait and lack of communication. He is obviously a very busy man, but in the end he does deliver the goods.

It reminds me of buying a car, if you want a nice sporty hot hatch
gallery_popup.Par.0015.Image.jpg

you go to the dealership and pay your money.

If you want something a little bit different you travel to see the machine, you place you order and eventually you end up with something that is worth more than what you paid for it.

Morgan+Aero+8..jpg

Patience is a virtue so they say.

Jul 12, 2008 at 11:53 PM Post #50 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickyboyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Xin's amps are among the finest out there, the only reason some folks are cheesed off is because of the wait and lack of communication. He is obviously a very busy man, but in the end he does deliver the goods.

It reminds me of buying a car, if you want a nice sporty hot hatch
gallery_popup.Par.0015.Image.jpg

you go to the dealership and pay your money.

If you want something a little bit different you travel to see the machine, you place you order and eventually you end up with something that is worth more than what you paid for it.

Morgan+Aero+8..jpg

Patience is a virtue so they say.

That might be one of the dumbest things I have read on the internet. I can't believe how naive some people are on this site when it comes to business ethics.

Jul 13, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #51 of 132
I can't believe how wound up people become when they have to wait for something. As for business ethics, he isn't doing too badly for someone who makes amps in his spare time and people are still willing to order and wait for however long the product takes to be delivered. If it was his main source of income then that would be a different story, but it's not, so patience is the name of the game.

Jul 13, 2008 at 1:35 AM Post #52 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickyboyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't believe how wound up people become when they have to wait for something. As for business ethics, he isn't doing too badly for someone who makes amps in his spare time and people are still willing to order and wait for however long the product takes to be delivered. If it was his main source of income then that would be a different story, but it's not, so patience is the name of the game.

You obviously have no concept of how a business is run. Whether it is his primary source of income or 197th job makes no difference. He has a responsibility to his customers to deliver a product within a reasonable time frame once it is paid for. His site says products will ship within a month, charging people and then having ZERO communication for 16 months (in my case), is completely unacceptable.

If he wants to run his business like he has, he should clearly write in big letters on the front of his site "This is a hobby for me and as such products likely won't be shipped out in any specific time frame, orders should be placed with that in mind".

Jul 13, 2008 at 2:21 AM Post #53 of 132
Hey i'm with you when you say it's unacceptable, and yes it should be made clear on his site of the possible delay in delivery, but that's just the way it is. Folks venting off saying ban him, strike him off, etc. doesn't achieve anything, apart from increased frustration.

I hope you receive your amp in the very near future and i hope you enjoy what i'm sure will be a superb sounding amp. In the mean time crack open a cold one, throw something you enjoy listening to on the stereo and relax, life is too short to waste worrying about business strategies, amp deliveries or whatever other trivial thing in life is increasing your blood pressure. Never sweat the small things
wink.gif

Jul 14, 2008 at 2:06 AM Post #54 of 132
All good things to those who wait. I am a huge RSA fan, but from what I've read Dr. Xin is one of the masters. If his amps sound as good as the reviews people give them, then it would only be natural to also believe that they are worth waiting for.

Jul 14, 2008 at 2:36 AM Post #55 of 132
I've owned a Xin amp. I got mine quick(?) with a wait of 8 weeks +/- at the time (6 weeks to upgrade). It was a SuperMini IV which cost $200. Build quality was below average for that price IMO. SQ was its savior. The volume control was terrible though. I've sold it and moved on with no regrets.

Good luck to those waiting.

Jul 14, 2008 at 2:52 PM Post #56 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpnz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've asked him with detailed information to send my supermicro IV. He replied:
"I will, thank you, Xin"

Great detail from him, commiserations. Makes me think he is so buried with unfulfilled orders/upgrades/repairs he doesn't have a clue where to begin. If receipt postings don't start showing up in the next week or two I've got to conclude Xin's just buying more time with his post. He's got to start walking the talk and the time is now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaxMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All good things to those who wait. I am a huge RSA fan, but from what I've read Dr. Xin is one of the masters.

People have been waiting 14 months with nothing to show for it. We've all read how good they are but if you haven't heard/seen one, it's hearsay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've owned a Xin amp... SuperMini IV...Build quality was below average for that price IMO. SQ was its savior. The volume control was terrible though. I've sold it and moved on with no regrets.

Doesn't sound like an amp I'd be happy to receive after a 14 month wait.

Jul 14, 2008 at 4:39 PM Post #57 of 132
The only people who can actually complain are those who paid with paypal or those who sent their amps for upgrade.

The others should seriously get a life: this is a free market, if you dont want to buy or if you think Xin is not someone you wish to deal with, you can move on.

I dont really care about the wait: I dont have any money engaged so if I get my amp, I'll be happy, if I dont, I dont really care.

Jul 14, 2008 at 5:01 PM Post #59 of 132
A lot of people seem to be complaining about "stolen" money, thieves and lawyers. Xin doesn't charge until he ships. These aren't mass produced items. There is a wait. If you didn't know this before you sent in your order, you didn't do your research. Maybe find a new hobby.

That being said the wait has really, really increased of late. Hopefully Xin turns this around because SQ wise, his amps are hard to beat in the ultra-portable category.

Jul 14, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #60 of 132
Ok, I have emailed with Xin. He never wanted payment until the product shipped but PayPal does not offer this option. Credit Cards do offer this and he never charges until the product is shipped. The PayPal charges have always stayed there, in PayPal. There are some purchasers that only can use Pay Pal so this is where the problem is for both him and the purchaser.

There is no question he needs to correspond on a open and regular basis. The Reference is finished and has minor changes that have come about over past 1/2 year. I hope everything moves along now to everyone's satisfaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back