Dr. Dre Beats Studio VS. Audio-Technica ATH-M50
Aug 18, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #31 of 59
Quote:
graphCompare.php

the studios dont look that bad. studios have better bass, worse mids, and slightly better treble.

you seriously cannot judge based on a graph alone man o.o the graph only tells you how lound a certain frequency is
it does not tell you about quality of the bass, liveleness of vocals, or siblilance in treble
i have hered both before and the M50 is way better in every aspect except bass quantity

Aug 18, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #32 of 59
M 50 is way better than Dr Dre beats, imo all the monster products except turbines (for some extent) are overhyped and pricy. There are a lot of better alternatives for the same price. Check the jokers portable review thread for more impressions. Monster gear all have very less sound scores. (I had a dr. dre beats studio and sold it off after just 1 day of usage, it was not that good for its price)

Aug 19, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #40 of 59
Have you looked at the silver limited edition M50 or the white color? Not as boring as the black ones. They look quite nice IMO. They're not all that portable though, the best result I had was buying the straight cable model and braiding the cable. Seriously though, almost any headphone is better than the beats.

Take a look at some of these:
Skullcandy Aviator
Skullcandy Mix Master
House of Marley Exodus
Sennheiser HD-25 (adidas version)
Sennheiser Amperiors
V-Moda LP2
V-Moda M80
V-Moda M-100 (not yet released, but coming soon)

Aug 19, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #41 of 59
I like how people are commenting on this thread when the OP is long gone...

Anyway, I own the M50, and have owned the Beats. The Beats are seriously...not that good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back