Dr. Dre Beats Studio VS. Audio-Technica ATH-M50
Nov 6, 2011 at 7:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 59

malloryyy

New Head-Fier
I'm thinking about buying the Beats because I heard they have a really good sound quality but, while I was looking up information on the internet I heard about the M50's. I was wondering which of these I should purchase if I want them to be portable but I also want really good sound quality.

Nov 6, 2011 at 8:13 PM Post #2 of 59
Aug 14, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #4 of 59
If u want cool looking with very good sound and decent bass, try the adidas version of the sennheiser hd 25-1 ii. I just tried them on sunday.

Looks great. Lightweight. Portable. Sound great.

Also soundprofessionals.com sell the ath-m50 pre modified to take a removable cable. Then u can buy this shorter straight cable for 6 bucks shipped:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021816&p_id=9297&seq=1&format=2

Good luck.

Aug 14, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #5 of 59
Quote:
If u want cool looking with very good sound and decent bass, try the adidas version of the sennheiser hd 25-1 ii. I just tried them on sunday.
Also soundprofessionals.com sell the ath-m50 pre modified to take a removable cable. Then u can buy this shorter straight cable for 6 bucks shipped:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021816&p_id=9297&seq=1&format=2
Good luck.

OMG!!! thats so awesome! Can you get a cable that has the play pause too!??

Aug 15, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #7 of 59
OMG!!! thats so awesome! Can you get a cable that has the play pause too!??

Yea. This cable by v-moda should do the trick. 20 bucks.

http://v-moda.com/3-button-speakeasy-cable-replacement/

U can find cheap knockoff "beats" cables all over amazon for a few bucks. Just search the term "controltalk". But the vmoda should be a good solid cable (kevlar reinforced) and better quality wire more than likely.

Keep in mind if u ever want to get a headphone amp the controls wont function obviously but the m50 will run at sufficent volume with no amp.

Good luck.

Aug 15, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #8 of 59
Quote:
Yea. This cable by v-moda should do the trick. 20 bucks.
http://v-moda.com/3-button-speakeasy-cable-replacement/
U can find cheap knockoff "beats" cables all over amazon for a few bucks. Just search the term "controltalk". But the vmoda should be a good solid cable (kevlar reinforced) and better quality wire more than likely.
Keep in mind if u ever want to get a headphone amp the controls wont function obviously but the m50 will run at sufficent volume with no amp.
Good luck.

Man thats awesome! The cable was a deal breaker for me but not anymore

Aug 15, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #10 of 59
Completely random but since we're on the subject of Beats, do y'all think Diddybeats is worth the money as an IEM to go to the gym with? I recently bought a pair of Meelectronic M9s, still waiting on them via mail.

Aug 15, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #11 of 59
Quote:

I'll second that!  Great for rock, metal, pop, and some rap/hip-hop/r&b.

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #14 of 59
Completely random but since we're on the subject of Beats, do y'all think Diddybeats is worth the money as an IEM to go to the gym with? I recently bought a pair of Meelectronic M9s, still waiting on them via mail.

Duck to be totally honest I have not listened to those, but I can say based on specifications the Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 are a great IEM for that price range. Unlike most other IEMs in that price range they have 3 drivers instead of one to give you a more complete sound. You should read up on them. Amazon sells them direct for about 150 bucks.

I will warn you they don't seem to fit comfortably in everyone's ears. They are great for me with the comply brand foam tips.

On the other hand, I personally purchased a pair of Sennheiser CX200s for use at the gym. They sound great to me, the fit is amazing, and they cost me 20 bucks. I get too worried I'll mess up my Triplefi's. So if you like your M9s and they were cheap... stick with em. I have no idea how those sound, that is up to you. But if you want a seriously nice IEM for the money try those Triplefi 10s.

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #15 of 59
Quote:

might as well look at the powerbeats than diddybeats if that is what you want.. they are designed for active lifestyle.. if you don't worry much about the price then buy them.. the tf10s are great but could give you fatigue in the highs, fit is also an issue ( i don't know if they also do well on low quality songs which the beats don't give painful sibilance) talk about the cable the diddybeats and powerbeats' cabes are durable.. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back